Do you toss out frozen food left overnight?

Do you toss out frozen food left overnight? (12h~)

• Total voters

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I just got a new pack of mysis only because I forgot to put my previous pack of mysis in the fridge. Guess what. I forgot to put the new pack in the fridge. oops... I would like to see the general consensus on throwing unthawed food left overnight, is it a waste or is it not worth to use it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont have leftovers with the amount of fish I have but in the past I placed leftovers in the fridge

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think fish are built differently than people.
Dogs eat raw meat cuz that's how there stomachs are built.
Sharks eat whale carcasses that have been sitting for days.
IMO, fish won't eat what they don't want, the rest of the CUC will take care of the rest.
I don't think equating food for people is the same as food for fish.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think fish are built differently than people.
Dogs eat raw meat cuz that's how there stomachs are built.
Sharks eat whale carcasses that have been sitting for days.
IMO, fish won't eat what they don't want, the rest of the CUC will take care of the rest.
I don't think equating food for people is the same as food for fish.

Most animals won't eat something that has been dead before they killed it (in the wild). It also isn't a good idea to feed dogs raw meat. In fact, raw meat is pretty much as dangerous to other animals as it is to us (though for differing reasons). That is one reason why wild animals have so many parasites. We are just obligate cooks and can't properly digest raw foods. (PS It is a myth that dogs are carnivores; they have evolved to be able to eat much of what we eat)

Last edited:

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most animals won't eat something that has been dead before they killed it (in the wild). It also isn't a good idea to feed dogs raw meat. In fact, raw meat is pretty much as dangerous to other animals as it is to us (though for differing reasons). That is one reason why wild animals have so many parasites. We are just obligate cooks and can't properly digest raw foods. (PS It is a myth that dogs are carnivores; they have evolved to be able to eat much of what we eat)
List of scavengers

Last edited:

Crofty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Animals only eating fresh kill has not been my experience. Living in a fairly remote location, I've had opportunity to observe what wild carnivores and omnivores eat. Often they will keep on eating something old and dead well before going for fresh. And I don't just mean scavengers. Maybe it's more tender after a little decomposition time :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Probably they are just being opportunistic and eat whatever is most convenient, even if a little rotted. They are smart enough to know when it's too far gone and no longer edible.

If the day old fish food has gone bad, then the fish will show they're not interested, in my opinion.

Back