Documenting my Care of Pseudogramma Xantha (Red Podge)

OP
OP
Vapor_Tsunami

Vapor_Tsunami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been seeing Ripley more and more, she tends to stay in her den and look at us, but doesn't come out until the cover of dark. I have some night vision pictures I can post in a bit, but I just wanted to report my observations. The one exception to hiding is feeding. I still feed her mysis, but she definitely recognizes the shrimp pellets as food, so I might get pellets specifically for her. She is very quick, and she tries to dart and reach for food that falls to the bottom, but the instant she knows you are there she darts back into the den, she really does not want to come out during the day. I will post pictures in a little bit.

OP
OP
Vapor_Tsunami

Vapor_Tsunami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the promised photos, the first one was accidentally taken when mom left the flash on, and the second was taken using the phone's night vision mode last night

IMG_0054.png IMG_0103.png

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an interesting little fella. You must have a ton of patience though! If I had fish that made such sporadic appearances it would freak me out, to the point where I’ve decided against having any very cryptic fish once I get my tank set up haha.

OP
OP
Vapor_Tsunami

Vapor_Tsunami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an interesting little fella. You must have a ton of patience though! If I had fish that made such sporadic appearances it would freak me out, to the point where I’ve decided against having any very cryptic fish once I get my tank set up haha.
Thankfully she has been showing up much more recently, she still hates light but as she has been settling in she shows up around once a day at night.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back