Does anybody know of a toxic Cyanoacrylate Super Glue?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think their all safe once cured, but just curious if anybody has had or knows anybody that's had a toxic cyanoacrylate super glue poison their tank? :oops:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do remember reading a thread not that long ago about the Gorilla brand of SG. I forget exactly what type it was, but it caused all sorts of issues to the OP's tank.

I have used the gorilla brand before with 0 issues. I normally use the loctite brand gel SG. Been using that brand for years with 0 issues,

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do remember reading a thread not that long ago about the Gorilla brand of SG. I forget exactly what type it was, but it caused all sorts of issues to the OP's tank.

I have used the gorilla brand before with 0 issues. I normally use the loctite brand gel SG. Been using that brand for years with 0 issues,
I've used the gorilla glue with green cap for years with Acro's. Maybe that guy bought something different. Or maybe he had other issues going on.

You know what they say...don't blame the salt! :)

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been using gorilla green cap SG gel for a long time. Only brand I have used where the tip doesn't gunk up and is thicker than most other super glue gel brands. Plus its widely available.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been using gorilla green cap SG gel for a long time. Only brand I have used where the tip doesn't gunk up and is thicker than most other super glue gel brands. Plus its widely available.
It is decent glue. My go to is BSI gel. Haven’t found anything else that I like more than that. For some reason it’s a little easier to work with and I make less mess than with the gorilla glue.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If we're thinking of the same thread I believe they were using a different gorilla glue product. The green cap has always been good to me!

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is decent glue. My go to is BSI gel. Haven’t found anything else that I like more than that. For some reason it’s a little easier to work with and I make less mess than with the gorilla glue.
What is bsi gel? Where do you buy it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back