Does anybody know what this is???

SoCalReefanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 14-day QT period this guy went in my display tank and 4 days in he's come up with this??? He's got bumps all over him and some of them have white dots on the tip of the bump all other fish are fine and have never had any signs of this before in my tank which is approximately 6 + months old I bought some Cupramine and plan on putting him back into the Q tank with a slightly higher temp and gradually lowering the saltinity. Does anybody know what this is? I have never seen it with bumps so I'm not sure if that's what it is please let me know and feel free to ask any questions or comments thank you

20210714_072034.jpg 20210714_072029.jpg 20210714_072026.jpg 20210714_072018.jpg

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich or velvet to me. Maybe the latter given how bad it got so quickly. Hopefully some of the disease experts on here can chime in as I'm definitely no expert. However, I do think you should get him into quarantine asap and start copper right away until you hear from the experts. If either disease, you're going to need to treat all the fish obviously and have your DT be fallow for a while. Sorry for the troubles!

OP
OP
S

SoCalReefanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE.

The above posted pictures were taken around six in the morning, when I got home around 12 hours later the bumps were almost all gone and the ones that were still there were barely visible. I decided to leave him in the DT and monitor him. He is swimming, and acting fine and this morning he had no signs of bumps at all??? Has anyone experienced this, are these normal characteristics for any certian type of disease or pest?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back