Does anyone’s clownfish accidentally swallow air at the surface?

Sushiboy225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, today I was regluing a frag that had fallen off. Well when I was working on it and the lid off the clowns thought I was feeding them. A couple hours later I noticed my female clownfish stomach was big and she was having trouble swimming. She’s still hungry and swimming in the currents of the power heads but is swimming up and down. While observing her I’ve seen her go to the surface a couple times and kind of shake and swallow some more air, even seeing a bubble come out of her mouth a couple minutes later when she was down and swimming back up. Has this happened to anyone else? I know clowns can act weird af.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, today I was regluing a frag that had fallen off. Well when I was working on it and the lid off the clowns thought I was feeding them. A couple hours later I noticed my female clownfish stomach was big and she was having trouble swimming. She’s still hungry and swimming in the currents of the power heads but is swimming up and down. While observing her I’ve seen her go to the surface a couple times and kind of shake and swallow some more air, even seeing a bubble come out of her mouth a couple minutes later when she was down and swimming back up. Has this happened to anyone else? I know clowns can act weird af.
If clownfish were a diver, I'd think having problems with air bladder impacting buoyancy control. I'll defer to others

OP
OP
S

Sushiboy225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If clownfish were a diver, I'd think having problems with air bladder impacting buoyancy control. I'll defer to others
After a couple hours she appears to be fine. What a weird fish lol. Can stay down and looks fine

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back