Does anyone else have aquarium related fears that stand in your way?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have fears about things concerning the aquarium to the point where you know you have to do something but you can’t bring yourself to do it?

I know I either have to rehome or frag my bubble coral because it is damaging so many corals but I’m so afraid I’ll kill it in the process that I do nothing.

Or repositioning corals. Like for some reason I’m afraid to touch them.

I think maybe it’s because I’m surprised I’ve gotten this far and fear what could happen because of my actions.

I don’t know. I’m crazy.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a new 80 which is large for me 2 days ago, and I had ordered some sofites/lps before I should have (weather sucks, big tank delayed) and I am storing them in a small 13.5 until the big tank is ready. The 13.5 was purchased from a fellow reefer and it is FULL of nitrates.

I'm petrified to rock the boat and take down those nitrates via cleaning too much while knowing I have to in order to help them live until the main tank is ready (currently on a quick cycle bacteria program). Yeah, I get weird about it, but I'm doing the best I can and nothing has died yet.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always worry that I'm going to break the tank. I've done it before so the fear is real. Tweaked the plumbing on a 20 gallon that was side drilled and cracked it.

I'm currently doing some outside adjustments with the sump and plumbing to the sump so... fingers crossed.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always worry that I'm going to break the tank. I've done it before so the fear is real. Tweaked the plumbing on a 20 gallon that was side drilled and cracked it.

I'm currently doing some outside adjustments with the sump and plumbing to the sump so... fingers crossed.
Oh great, now I can add this anxiety along with palyotoxin and electrocuting myself getting out of bed...

MasonK24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fear is always climbing out of bed and my feet get wet.
being in an apartment, i have this fear BIG time.

ive even tried to get multiple insurance companies to cover my place with my tank included. they wont even give me a quote.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fear is leaving anywhere for more then a night. I haven’t ‘trained’ any of my family how to take care of it and what to do with stuff that may happen other then if you hear weird noises coming from my room call me :eek:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
being in an apartment, i have this fear BIG time.

ive even tried to get multiple insurance companies to cover my place with my tank included. they wont even give me a quote.
I've sent water down to the neighbors on three occasions.

First was overflow of RODI, second was a vat of sanitizing water for beer brewing, third was an ATO malfunction.

Thankfully I own a house now, so the only person I annoy is myself.

MasonK24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First was overflow of RODI, second was a vat of sanitizing water for beer brewing, third was an ATO malfunction.

worst one ive had so far is 10 hours worth of RODI on the floor. fell asleep with it on. thankfully, i live on the ground floor. my feet were pretty wet that morning.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fear is leaving anywhere for more then a night. I haven’t ‘trained’ any of my family how to take care of it and what to do with stuff that may happen other then if you hear weird noises coming from my room call me :eek:

My wife asked me the other day if we’ll be able to go away for a couple nights this summer and I’m like sure... really nervous about that. I fear it’ll be the end of the tank.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always afraid everything is gonna melt for no obvious reason. It doesn’t stop me from cramming more corals in the tank though.

Valum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you manage to patch this up with the neighbor by taking beer to them no one can stay mad at someone that supply's them beer

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back