Does anyone have any contacts at LaMotte?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has any inside information on if LaMotte is still making or plans on possibly releasing more of the saltwater SpinTouch disks? I know they discontinued the Waterlink SpinTouch and it became the API AquaSpin but they still feature it and have the info for the WaterLink and saltwater disks on their website and you can still buy it other places. I also know both API/LaMotte is having issues with production on both the units and the disks. Does anyone have a direct contact at LaMotte or any inside info as to when or if the disks are coming back and/or how to get them. I sent them an email. Because the API version is only available to fish stores and the cost would have to be paid upfront I would rather buy the SpinTouch version if I can get the disks.

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw those and while I felt they were pretty awesome, but not for the price. If you were an institution or a retail store it would make sense. But in reality, in a year you will know your tank, have a routine and probably only test if there is nothing on TV.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw those and while I felt they were pretty awesome, but not for the price. If you were an institution or a retail store it would make sense. But in reality, in a year you will know your tank, have a routine and probably only test if there is nothing on TV.
I understand that. And like anything I know it has its issues. But for me personally I love my high tech gear haha. Also I wonder if at any point my nutrients will ever be lower. They say it’s suppose to stabilize and my tank is coming up on a year but I don’t feel like that ever happens in a nano lol. My nutrients are always so high. But all member look fine so I don’t care anymore I stopped trying and really testing other than salinity and regular water changes. And sometimes an AquaSpin test at the lfs.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that. And like anything I know it has its issues. But for me personally I love my high tech gear haha. Also I wonder if at any point my nutrients will ever be lower. They say it’s suppose to stabilize and my tank is coming up on a year but I don’t feel like that ever happens in a nano lol. My nutrients are always so high. But all member look fine so I don’t care anymore I stopped trying and really testing other than salinity and regular water changes. And sometimes an AquaSpin test at the lfs.
Put some Birds Nest and Stylo's SPS in there and you can say goodbye to your nutrients.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Put some Birds Nest and Stylo's SPS in there and you can say goodbye to your nutrients.
And say hello to a dead corals lol! I got one for free in an order a little while ago lol and that’s why I won’t put SPS in the tank. Thankfully I am more than happy with the thousands of other options for coral. SPS are just too dang needy! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back