Does anyone know how to get rid of slugs?

drewsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with some type of slug or nudi for a while now. They aren't bugging my corals but they are multiplying really fast and i dont want them in my tank. Anyone know a way to get rid of them. Ive been syphoning them out as i find them. But it just seems they're doubling in population every week[emoji58]

OP
OP
drewsreef

drewsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with some type of slug or nudi for a while now. They aren't bugging my corals but they are multiplying really fast and i dont want them in my tank. Anyone know a way to get rid of them. Ive been syphoning them out as i find them. But it just seems they're doubling in population every week[emoji58]
Here is a picture
20180313_121210.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elysia feed on algae - primarily Caulerpa, IIRC. What's in your 'fuge?

If they're eating in your tank, they're eating algae you may not want. If they're coming in from your refugium, they may be snacking on your Caulerpa.

~Bruce

OP
OP
drewsreef

drewsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elysia feed on algae - primarily Caulerpa, IIRC. What's in your 'fuge?

If they're eating in your tank, they're eating algae you may not want. If they're coming in from your refugium, they may be snacking on your Caulerpa.

~Bruce
I don't have a refugium at the moment

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me if you are interested in selling them to me :) I'll gladly take some of them

Looks like you have a variety of different Micro Fauna in you're tank! All the Nudi's/Slugs in the picture look different, I would have to say atleast 2 of them are Elysia and the yellow/orange one is Nudibranch of some type (based on that someone here said they eat worms)

OP
OP
drewsreef

drewsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me if you are interested in selling them to me :) I'll gladly take some of them

Looks like you have a variety of different Micro Fauna in you're tank! All the Nudi's/Slugs in the picture look different, I would have to say atleast 2 of them are Elysia and the yellow/orange one is Nudibranch of some type (based on that someone here said they eat worms)
Ill think about it lol...now that i know they aren't bad to have i think i might let them populate some more before i sell [emoji57]

Lollipop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange one on the left seems to be Vayssierea Felis. They eat spirorbid worms. Cleaned my back glass for me!
do you have any? would it be possible for me to send a couple?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back