Does anyone know the wiring of GHL Level sensors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Does anyone know the pinout of both the float and optical sensors for GHL? My understanding is Float use pin 1 & 2 (basically it's either open or shorted) - I need to confirm this with a multi meter (I have an OEM GHL float sensor).

I am wondering what the pinpout for the Optical sensor is?

My reason for asking is my trusty old Tune 5017 finally packed it in, but the sensors are still in good nick. I intend to cut them out and add PS2 connectors. I'll use a splitter on the Profilux 3 and add them as Level 3/4 - I intend to use them as high/low sensors in the sump for altering only.

I want to keep the ATO function on a (new) Tunze (it's on it's way) but use the Profilux monitoring for alerting as a back up.

IMO the Tunze sensors are to good quality to be thrown in the bin, but at the same time I don't want to shell out $200+ for new sensors

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Level pinout:

Attachments

• profilux_lvl_pinout.jpg
    profilux_lvl_pinout.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 374
OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you buy a splitter cable - cut the two females if needed - they are connected with 2 parts wire.

1652424039304.png

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks - I already have the splitter. Just needed to know the wiring of the port (which @Gaël provided).

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up old thread, do your think i could wire up any Optical sensor to try, Shipping to to Aus is crazy and no one has stock for GHL at moment, Happy to try Wire one up to test.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up old thread, do your think i could wire up any Optical sensor to try, Shipping to to Aus is crazy and no one has stock for GHL at moment, Happy to try Wire one up to test.
I never did it - in the end my Tunze unit was OK - it was just a dead pump (so now I have a spare ATO :) )

But in theory yes - you just need to know which wire drives the LED's and which are for the sensor

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks shipping costs more then the sensors as the moment. no one in Aus has stock scary times

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back