Does anyone know where I can buy replacements pipes for Red Sea 170?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a place where I can buy new pipes for the Red Sea 170 tank? I found one website (fishtanksdirect.com) but they don’t have any pictures for the pipes so I don’t know what I’m buying. Could anyone list the names for me or is there a place where I can find the names of each pipe I need? I wanted to buy a complete set for the drain and return and emergency line.
thanks

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max E-170?

I don’t think that is the right one for my tank. Mine is the Reefer 170, it has an overflow line with two right angles in it and same with the emergency drain, so the one you showed won’t line up with my sump. Thanks anyway, I contacted Red Sea, hopefully they email me back.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some of that stuff is on amazon. Not sure why my links are not showing though. I did a search for reefer sump 170 on amazon and at least two pipes showed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BRS has great plumbing selection

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marineandreef.com carries RedSea replacement parts and have them listed on their website. I've ordered replacement downpipes, sponges, and all sorts of goodies for my 525Reefer in the past from them.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some of that stuff is on amazon. Not sure why my links are not showing though. I did a search for reefer sump 170 on amazon and at least two pipes showed.

Hey thanks so the first link that you posted, it is the drain line but on my tank that I bought the pipe is flipped, so instead of it turning to the left with along the 90° angles, it turns to the right, so my overflow lines are on the right side of my sump. Is this because mine might be an older model?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks so the first link that you posted, it is the drain line but on my tank that I bought the pipe is flipped, so instead of it turning to the left with along the 90° angles, it turns to the right, so my overflow lines are on the right side of my sump. Is this because mine might be an older model?

If you look the pipes in the picture are upside down:) So they do turn to the right.

Try posting a picture though, I have the Max E-260 so I actually have that kit. I put the kit in the attic. I just ordered the adapters from Amazon and used standard PVC fittings and a real gate valve, not the one Red Sea has. I basically wasted $120 on that kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marineandreef.com carries RedSea replacement parts and have them listed on their website. I've ordered replacement downpipes, sponges, and all sorts of goodies for my 525Reefer in the past from them.
Okay thanks, is there an easy way to search for a specific tank on that site? I looked at it and there are so many categories,
If you look the pipes in the picture are upside down:) So they do turn to the right.

Try posting a picture though, I have the Max E-260 so I actually have that kit. I put the kit in the attic. I just ordered the adapters from Amazon and used standard PVC fittings and a real gate valve, not the one Red Sea has. I basically wasted $120 on that kit.
here’s a pic of the tank sump that I have, I have found links to pipes but some don’t have images of the pipe so I don’t know if it’s the correct one or not, I’d anyone knows all the part numbers for each pipe that would really help me figure it out. Or I might just buy whatever I see and figure it out on my own lol

A8CDA172-FB9A-405E-BB24-3427C67A748E.jpeg

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever thought about possibly just making your own instead? The ones they sell you are rather weak and the valve sucks. I ordered the fitting on the very top, which is a metric and then adapted it down to regular PVC. I have the same setup and sump in my E-260

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever thought about possibly just making your own instead? The ones they sell you are rather weak and the valve sucks. I ordered the fitting on the very top, which is a metric and then adapted it down to regular PVC. I have the same setup and sump in my E-260
No I just thought about buying new parts and putting it together as if it was a new tank I guess. I don’t really know how to plumb my own tanks so I just wanted to do it the easiest way I could, hopefully by buying replacements. What kind of parts would I need to convert the overflows into pvc? Is it easy to do?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I just thought about buying new parts and putting it together as if it was a new tank I guess. I don’t really know how to plumb my own tanks so I just wanted to do it the easiest way I could, hopefully by buying replacements. What kind of parts would I need to convert the overflows into pvc? Is it easy to do?

I got ya. Well it was an idea.

I find it pretty easy to do myself. I guess if you have never worked with PVC it is a learning curve but if you get into aquariums you will eventually end up learning how.

As far as the connector I was talking about, go on Amazon.com and search for "red sea 42222" and the result is a fitting. That fitting lets you convert those three ports to PVC, basically threaded.

Back