Does anyone know where to buy Jebao connector?

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought cheap and expensive powerheads. I have had both fail over the years. Jebao seems about right for me. Most last long enough for the price. I want to do so experimenting with them. I need some 3 wire connectors that will fit. I have bought 4 different connectors and still have not been able to find the right size. I am about at the point of cutting their plug and spicing on a new one that I have a match to. I know they are around as it is the same plug people use to make the Jebao to Apex cords. Thanks for any help

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought cheap and expensive powerheads. I have had both fail over the years. Jebao seems about right for me. Most last long enough for the price. I want to do so experimenting with them. I need some 3 wire connectors that will fit. I have bought 4 different connectors and still have not been able to find the right size. I am about at the point of cutting their plug and spicing on a new one that I have a match to. I know they are around as it is the same plug people use to make the Jebao to Apex cords. Thanks for any help

You could take it to an electrician supply store and they might be able to identify the plug and possibly source one for you, but they also might have no idea what it is and what it's for since they probably wouldn't deal with electronic connectors that often. In the event they don't know what it is, you'd be in the right place to get materials for splicing the wires together ;)

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Alibaba may be one of your best places to look for this. As painful as that can be, you usually stumble across some interesting things in the process.
I found this one, I would have to take my pump offline to check dimensions and polarizing plug shape.
But I did find this one. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-pin-IP67-outdoor-cable-connection_60102676113.html
Also saw that reefbreeders has an extension cable https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/extension-cable-for-coral-box-and-jebao-pumps/

OP
OP
rcpalmer1

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Alibaba may be one of your best places to look for this. As painful as that can be, you usually stumble across some interesting things in the process.
I found this one, I would have to take my pump offline to check dimensions and polarizing plug shape.
But I did find this one. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-pin-IP67-outdoor-cable-connection_60102676113.html
Also saw that reefbreeders has an extension cable https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/extension-cable-for-coral-box-and-jebao-pumps/
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping not to have to buy 100. It is crazy how many different ones there are that all look the same.

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aliexpress may be another option. I have looked around some, but couldnt find that exact one.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you figured it out yet? I have a jeabo that crapped out on me, and I was just thinking of tossing the whole thing minus the magnet. If you want the supplies and are willing to pay shipping I will send you the setup... Minus the magnet.. right now it fits the $2 bargain power head I got for a deal at the LFS

Just message me and we can figure something out

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. i have one that crapped out i need to troubleshoot.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. i have one that crapped out i need to troubleshoot.
What happened? Mine needs jump-started to spin, and then will stop spinning after a few seconds. I have tried deep cleaning, replacing the ceramic guide with plastic, sanding down the magnet to remove anything and make it smoother.
I gave up and just picked up a power head that was the same roundness and used the magnet mount from the jaebo..
For some reason I just don't want to throw out the jeabo.. like I know I can fix it, but never will..lol

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened? Mine needs jump-started to spin, and then will stop spinning after a few seconds. I have tried deep cleaning, replacing the ceramic guide with plastic, sanding down the magnet to remove anything and make it smoother.
I gave up and just picked up a power head that was the same roundness and used the magnet mount from the jaebo..
For some reason I just don't want to throw out the jebao.. like I know I can fix it, but never will..lol

thats crazy the exact same thing as yours! LOL. i tried the same jump start and that worked until it stopped again, clean everything, sanded, replaced guide. i'm hoping its just the controller but without one to test its out of service.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats crazy the exact same thing as yours! LOL. i tried the same jump start and that worked until it stopped again, clean everything, sanded, replaced guide. i'm hoping its just the controller but without one to test its out of service.
I hear ya, and from what all I see we are not the only ones with this issue..
When I have down time I think I am going to rip it all apart (power head) and see what makes it tick.. maybe something in there is the issue.. what do I have to lose.. I really don't need it..lol
If something I came up with a fix, I'll blast it across social media!

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a google search for waterproof DMX connector.

Still quite a variety in the shape of the polarizing tab, but may be able to find one.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just nipped off the wire from the existing controller right after the solder joint. (so i had a wire color reference if i ever needed it). If i ever need to re-use them to control the pumps i can just solder them back in. takes all of 10 min to heat up the iron.
also found that 3 PP4's at 100% only draw about 1.2 amp total. I'll be powering 4 pumps off a single 24V power supply.

Bonaire in a box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you figured it out yet? I have a jeabo that crapped out on me, and I was just thinking of tossing the whole thing minus the magnet. If you want the supplies and are willing to pay shipping I will send you the setup... Minus the magnet.. right now it fits the $2 bargain power head I got for a deal at the LFS

Just message me and we can figure something out

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back