Does ATI Essentials Pro actually Supplement trace elements?

recci

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Does ATI Essentials Pro actually supplement trace elements or are the trace elements in it just there to balance the sodium chloride that is created and leftover? Similar to the original balling method?

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Does ATI Essentials Pro actually supplement trace elements or are the trace elements in it just there to balance the sodium chloride that is created and leftover? Similar to the original balling method?
Following...I am using ATI essentials pro as well. Just got my ICP test back and all my trace elements were really low.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
There are 28 elements in ATI Essentials Pro which are included in each dose.

Low trace elements may be the result of skimming, excessive use of carbon/filter media, coral growth or they could be simply low to start with. Essentials is not designed to boost them, rather to keep them level.

OP
R

recci

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not really an answer to the original question. I guess I could frame it like this: Does ATI essentials pro compensate for trace elements that are taken up by corals? That's what Supplementing means.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not really an answer to the original question. I guess I could frame it like this: Does ATI essentials pro compensate for trace elements that are taken up by corals? That's what Supplementing means.
Yes that is exactly what it is intended to do, that is why I said essentials is not designed to boost them, rather to keep them level. Keeping them level meaning replenishing what corals consume.

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
There are 28 elements in ATI Essentials Pro which are included in each dose.

Low trace elements may be the result of skimming, excessive use of carbon/filter media, coral growth or they could be simply low to start with. Essentials is not designed to boost them, rather to keep them level.
My sodium was also low in my ICP test, turns out my salinity was down to 30 (my fault on using bad calibration solution)
Could this have caused the low trace elements? I thought I would have been over dosing ATI to keep my calcium and KH up which should have increased the trace elements numbers?
I’m Just trying to learn from my mistakes here.
until this happened, all my coral were super happy and coloured.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Generally speaking having low salinity will reduce all elements in the system since you did not use enough salt when mixing the water. While you can boost those levels directly, simply adding salt (commercial salt mix) will boost your salinity and your elements.

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 351 71.2%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 34 6.9%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 52 10.5%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 46 9.3%