Does feed krill to anemones cause them to bubble?

Does feeding krill to anemones every few days cause them to bubble?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • No idea

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that food can make btas bubble, but I don’t actually know if that’s true or if krill specifically is best for that. Something interesting to see would be if you fed a couple other ones a different food and saw what they did compared to the krill.
On a side note, those purple and green ones are very nice looking! Where did you find them?
I wish that was true my big bta gets food just about every day for her clown. No bubbles not even a hint.
The clone gets fed twice a week by me. My clown won't feed it. Even when I wasn't feeding it no bubbles. Ive tried different flows and nothing.
Forgot to answer this. I found it many years ago (15 at least) very small and bleach pretty badly with almost no color. I don't remember why I decided to buy it. Its funny that is the same store I went to last night that had a dozen or so bleached white anemones. It is truly sad that most will not survive! Also that they charge a lot for them.
I thought you lived in my neck of the woods. My lfs is the same way.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the photos of your BTAs. Care to share your phosphate and nitrate levels?
I couldn't tell you, that tank ended up leaking and during the process of getting a new one set up they died and killed all my fish and some coral. So I don't have one anymore for this reason. But I had it for quite awhile, it even split and one moved to the upper other side of the tank and reacted the same during feeding.

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My demon up front bubbles a lot but the others not very often I feed twice a week

Attachments

• 97191CE5-78FD-4187-B02A-1242381F7DA0.jpeg
    97191CE5-78FD-4187-B02A-1242381F7DA0.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 86

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been my (admittedly limited) experience that low flow with medium-high light as well as low nutrients help my BTA. I've never fed krill in my tank but I do spot feed small pellets and Reef Roids alternating twice a week.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my experience as well.
Have you ever had yours get all twisted and curly? First time mine did that I was concerned something was wrong.
I will dig through my photos and see if I can find one.
Oh gosh yes! My 2 rainbows are the gangliest things ever. They are not the most attractive anemones in the world to be honest, but the clownfish love them.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't tell you, that tank ended up leaking and during the process of getting a new one set up they died and killed all my fish and some coral. So I don't have one anymore for this reason. But I had it for quite awhile, it even split and one moved to the upper other side of the tank and reacted the same during feeding.
Sorry to hear that!

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate them but what do you do?? The clowns seem to prefer my bubbled ones even though it is a much smaller anemone. If we can all figure this out it would be amazing!
I don't hate mine they give lots of movement in the tank. They flow nicely in the currents.
Sounds like some of yours have bubbles and some do not. Are they all the same BTA clowns? Any difference in the locations of the ones with bubbles versus nonbubbles regarding flow or lights. What are your N & P levels?

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my 16 RBTAs littleneck clams once a week and sometimes they have bubbles and other times not. But after eating they swell up like dinner plates.
Great photo. Although I didn't feed mine in the past my experience has been the same.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from last night. I fed the big green and purple one in first video 2 krill.

The rose has grown in size already. It has been pretty small for a good while and why I choose it.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from last night. I fed the big green and purple one in first video 2 krill.

The rose has grown in size already. It has been pretty small for a good while and why I choose it.

OP
OP
laverda

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was from last night. I fed the big green and purple one in first video 2 krill. This was it taking the second one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back