Does freshwater AI Prime work on Coral

FindingPonyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I spent a lot of money on the wrong AI- Prime and I'm out $180. Please tell me that freshwater can still grow for coral. I meant to get the saltwater tank light and I got the freshwater. Will the AI prime freshwater still grow saltwater coral? Or did I just completely waste my money?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know they had a variant. Is it meant to grow plants?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked it up. That light will not be suitable for coral. It's made to grow planted tanks. Could use it for your fuge.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say no, hence the Freshwater labeling. Though it would probably work to grow macros if you plan on running a refugium. Where did you buy it? You could always contact their customer service team to see if you can work something out.

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd want the reef, the freshwater is missing the Royal Blue, Violets, and UV channels (RB is the most important but UV and V make the corals look amazing and why people love these lights. There is a sol that would grow corals, I think they keep it around for nostalgia or something, but the reef is only slightly more and beats it in every way.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd want the reef, the freshwater is missing the Royal Blue, Violets, and UV channels (RB is the most important but UV and V make the corals look amazing and why people love these lights. There is a sol that would grow corals, I think they keep it around for nostalgia or something, but the reef is only slightly more and beats it in every way.
This.

Regardless of the labeling, it is the spectrums we care about. I had a look too, and it just seems too different where it matters.

Like if the freshwater had more blues, then yeah it can work. But it has like just two blue LEDs, everything else is basically a bunch of whites. Versus the Reef's 4 blues and 4 royal blues.

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst the “look” will be different, can it still actually grow the corals? I’ve got a fw one too and was hoping to use it for my softie only tank

Back