Does my anemone look okay??

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this anemone about a week ago at house of tropics.. The guy was rushing and I told him I had 2 Osc. Clowns so one they can obviously host with.. Never got a name but I’m pretty sure it’s a Ritteri anemone. If someone could please help me with if I’m correct as well as if it looks healthy.. Any time I do any water change or get him agitated he shrivels up and gets to the size of a fat quarter.. Thank you!!
ebcc5363fa23168476663fd7f236534e.jpg
1a33e316689c8b5e8bbc01d8445408a8.heic

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he looks healthy and yes I believe it is a Ritteri annome and you have a beautiful example there , they are very sensitive too any changes including WC how old is your tank ?

OP
OP
nickm1018

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a month old so fairly new, it’s small 5 gallon nano.. I’m new to the hobby so wanted to start small and in a couple months I plan to get a 30.. Basically make this tank a start up grow tank.. What should I feed it? Other then the frozen shrimp and pellets I feed the clowns. I seen online silver fish

OP
OP
nickm1018

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1c29ee22015ce17a5a3329d89ef8998e.jpg

Here’s another pic of the full tank.. I have a couple hermit crabs, Margaritas snail, the cleaner shrimp off Nemo and the 2 clowns.. That’s all I’m adding

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a month old so fairly new, it’s small 5 gallon nano.. I’m new to the hobby so wanted to start small and in a couple months I plan to get a 30.. Basically make this tank a start up grow tank.. What should I feed it? Other then the frozen shrimp and pellets I feed the clowns. I seen online silver fish
Too be honest your tank is a little too young for annamones , they should only be added too a mature stable tank ..you can feed also chopped up frozen muscles (that's what I do )
Do you have a auto top off on your tank .. if not then you will need too keep an eye on your sg swings from evaporatiion .. the more stable your tank parameters the more happy your anamone !

OP
OP
nickm1018

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have an auto top off, I have a Hydro tester that I learned might not be the most accurate.. I heard that I should have waited but the guy at House of Tropics said I should be fine cuz I told him I used live rock, crushed coral and buy the water from the store thinking that would be best.. My brother had me concerned it was bleached but I didn’t think it was...

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have an auto top off, I have a Hydro tester that I learned might not be the most accurate.. I heard that I should have waited but the guy at House of Tropics said I should be fine cuz I told him I used live rock, crushed coral and buy the water from the store thinking that would be best.. My brother had me concerned it was bleached but I didn’t think it was...
No it's not bleached , and you really need an accurate way of measuring your sg .. get yourself either a refractometer with 35 ppm calibration fluid or a descent hydrometer from dupla or fauna Marin , that would be my advice too you .. keep an eye on all your water parameters .. you don't have a big bio load on your tank but it does need time to stabilize.. don't sweat it ,everything will work out , again watch your sg and add fresh Rodi water when needed!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back