Does my Clown goby have a disease or mucus coting it

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just asking as I will not be putting him back in my main tank for awhile but he eats fine
Swims and does his fishie stuff
I just noticed today he has white dots
I know they get mucus around them so they can sit on corals but this looks more like he about to mess all my fish up.
My gramma been rubbing her head so now im like dangit.. why didn't I catch this sooner -_-
But its okay I will deal with it just wondering as I do like this fish and I will get another if this guy does end up being sick and not making it.
So is it mucus or sick fish

None of my other fish show any signs outta the 6 so I think ill keep a close eye. My gramma always hides in her cave so its a pain to see her to begin with, but nothing odd. The goby was acting normal to I just didn't like what I saw

20210707_223309.jpg 20210707_223325.jpg 20210707_223442.jpg 20210707_223456.jpg

OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish doing what they been doing for months so I hope all is well and I wont be adding the goby back. Gramma is shy as can be as you see her in the cave in this video.
Fire fish are scared of my clowns as they try to live under my nems which is a no go but other than that everyone eats and come out when I come in the room for more eats

Attachments

• 20210707_224222.mp4
    41.2 MB
OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does it look fuzzy at all? - kali
They looked more like just white dots to me no fuzzy coting and more clear mucus looking substance on him

My gramma hasn't itched at its nose for a day so she may have just been acting odd bit still keeping my eye out

Today the goby shows nothing on it

Idont see any white dots

All I dod was a fresh dip but I think it'll be back

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back