Does my clownfish have ich

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the new photos - those help quite a bit. I see two things going on - those bigger, diffuse body spots that seem to be coming up from under the scales, that doesn't look like ich. However, I think I can see some smaller white spots on the fins themselves, and that could be ich. The white stringy poop could be an internal issue.

I would suggest API General Cure plus Seachem Focus, but from the way you write, I suspect you're from the U.K., and I don't know what medications you have available.

I wonder - what if you try a FW diagnostic dip? It would at least help identify if one of the issues is flukes. Do you know how to do one? Perform a 5 minute FW dip in a dark container. Afterwards, search the bottom of the container for anything that could be dead worms. You may need a magnifying glass, a microscope is even better. If the fish shows some relief the next day, then flukes are indeed at least one of the issues and you can begin treatment.

Jay

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the new photos - those help quite a bit. I see two things going on - those bigger, diffuse body spots that seem to be coming up from under the scales, that doesn't look like ich. However, I think I can see some smaller white spots on the fins themselves, and that could be ich. The white stringy poop could be an internal issue.

I would suggest API General Cure plus Seachem Focus, but from the way you write, I suspect you're from the U.K., and I don't know what medications you have available.

I wonder - what if you try a FW diagnostic dip? It would at least help identify if one of the issues is flukes. Do you know how to do one? Perform a 5 minute FW dip in a dark container. Afterwards, search the bottom of the container for anything that could be dead worms. You may need a magnifying glass, a microscope is even better. If the fish shows some relief the next day, then flukes are indeed at least one of the issues and you can begin treatment.

Jay
Yes I am from the uk. What would you treat first the ich if it is that or the internal parasite? My plan was to FW dip then into quarantine for 30days with cupramine, then another FW dip then back into quarantine with API general cure. Does this sound ok ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds good, but can you get Seachem Focus to mix the General Cure into? You could then feed it to the clown....

Jay

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds good, but can you get Seachem Focus to mix the General Cure into? You could then feed it to the clown....

Jay
I would have to have it shipped from the U.S, would that save me having to do the general cure after the cupramine ? Is there an alternative to focus I’ve heard people here saying they use gelatine or agar. Would I use that to vine say mysis and the general cure together ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - you can make your own medicated food. Attached is a draft of an article I'm working on - it isn't quite finished, but it may give you some ideas.

Jay

Attachments

• Medicated foods - Hemdal draft.pdf
    198.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Did a fresh water dip yesterday for 5 minutes and it seems to have cleared up loads today.

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics

B6923709-048B-4905-AF9C-8788404CC058.jpeg 1D052C88-8BF1-4349-81C3-F5BE5B3E8097.jpeg 6A59D623-7A6F-4C4A-9448-0B1FB092C178.jpeg

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anybody from the UK in here that has used agar instead of focus as it’s not available in the UK. Also I am going to be using it to bind NBT labs flukes and wormer to some brine/mysis. At what dosage should I put into the mix of food as it’s says to add 1ml to 50l of water if I was to add it to the tank alone also how much agar. This is going to be fed in the quarantine tank whilst using cupramine. Thanks in advance.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anybody from the UK in here that has used agar instead of focus as it’s not available in the UK. Also I am going to be using it to bind NBT labs flukes and wormer to some brine/mysis. At what dosage should I put into the mix of food as it’s says to add 1ml to 50l of water if I was to add it to the tank alone also how much agar. This is going to be fed in the quarantine tank whilst using cupramine. Thanks in advance.
Did you see the article I posted on medicated foods last week? It might help with your calculations.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird - on the right side of that page is a link to a PDF. Download that and open it. I just tried it and it worked fine.

Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back