Does my pod culture need a lid?

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello. I’m started to culture phyto and pods. I’m confused one two things.
1) I have added 18ml of phyto blend to this 2.5 gallon tank and it barely looks green. Like it looks clear. Do I add more phyto? I don’t want to over do it.

2) does my pod culture need a lid to prevent contamination ? I don’t have a lid for this 2.5 gallon tank.
Thanks guys :)

041341DB-ACDA-4B84-8C5D-CABC32D04013.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need a lid. The water should be noticeably green, add A LOT more phyto. It’s nearly impossible to add too much phyto.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don’t need a lid. The water should be noticeably green, add A LOT more phyto. It’s nearly impossible to add too much phyto.
Thank you. I made it so it has a slight green tint now. I thought you could over do the phyto and it seemed like I added a lot already. Appreciate the answer. I’m surprised there isn’t more about the lid vs no lid online.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I made it so it has a slight green tint now. I thought you could over do the phyto and it seemed like I added a lot already. Appreciate the answer. I’m surprised there isn’t more about the lid vs no lid online.
It needs to be green. You can probably double what you added. Probably need at least .25-.5 gallons. Unless you want to add more every 12-24 hrs.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It needs to be green. You can probably double what you added. Probably need at least .25-.5 gallons. Unless you want to add more every 12-24 hrs.
Thank you. I have added like 15 ml and it’s light green now. I’m noticing some climbing towards the bottom but I think that’s normal and okay. I’m trying to hold off adding too much so I don’t run out until the phyto is done too then I will have a lot more to feed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back