Does SeaChem Matrix absorb copper

BAPrince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing my first quarantine, and I'm dosing up copper. I should be at about 1.25 this morning, and my Hanna checker read 1.10. I have some Seachem Matrix in the HOB filter. Could that be absorbing the copper?

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it can absorb copper and other meds. For QT setups I'd recommend going with a sponge filter and plastic/pvc based bio-media.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humblefish and I both tested ceramic media for copper absorption and found with both Seachem Matrix and Fluval BioMax there was zero copper absorbed by the media.

The Hanna has an accuracy margin of +- 0.05

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humblefish and I both tested ceramic media for copper absorption and found with both Seachem Matrix and Fluval BioMax there was zero copper absorbed by the media.

Good to know for future QT cycles!

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know this is old post, but is this still accurate statement? I intend to use seachem metrix for quarantine

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old post, but is this still accurate statement? I intend to use seachem metrix for quarantine
I have a Tidal HOB filter w/ SeaChem sponge and SeaChem matrix in my QT tank. Recently finished a 3-week copper treatment (Copper Power) and copper level was very steady over the treatment period. Made several small water changes dosing copper to new water prior to adding. Measurements ranged from 2.43 to 2.56 ppm over the entire period using Hanna checker.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tidal HOB filter w/ SeaChem sponge and SeaChem matrix in my QT tank. Recently finished a 3-week copper treatment (Copper Power) and copper level was very steady over the treatment period. Made several small water changes dosing copper to new water prior to adding. Measurements ranged from 2.43 to 2.56 ppm over the entire period using Hanna checker.
thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back