Does sponsor forum activity/giveaways/etc impact your buying decisions

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A different post today made me think of this and curious of others thoughts. Does a R2R sponsors' presence/activity on the forums or their participation in sponsoring things like giveaways influence your buying decisions? Obviously that is the whole point from a sponsors perspective, but curious if people here think it influences them.

I know for me it certainly does in some regards. There are a few sponsors I see here that are often active on topics that align with their product(s). I really appreciate it especially when they can give a different view on some topics than most of us as hobbyists. I am not naïve and of course realize that a large part of that activity is to get their name out there and be noticed of course, but nonetheless I appreciate it.

When it comes to giveaways it certainly influences my buying decisions. I love free stuff! Again I realize it is about marketing, but I would rather see some of their marketing dollars go towards things that give me a chance(however small) of getting something for free. Win or not it makes me more likely to consider them in my purchasing decisions. For example seeing how active saltwateraquarium is on these partner drive giveaways for example really makes me more likely to choose them if their prices are comparable to "xyz" random company that I may not see as involved here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back