Does this clownfish look okay ?

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this cl9wnfish for around 3 weeks now and he's been looking good but a few days ago I noticed a single white spot on his tail. Also today this is his swimming pattern which is a little more active than usual. Is this anything for concern?. Other then that he is eating good.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white spot could be a number of things. I would observe closely over the next few days to see if it gets larger or if more spots appear. Any treatment until then would be premature. If the condition evolves into something that requires treatment you will likely need to use a QT/Hospital tank. The fish appears to be in your display tank, so I assume you did not quarantine the fish when you got it. You may want to gather the components to set up a QT so you will have them on hand if and when you need them.

See the two links below.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white spot could be a number of things. I would observe closely over the next few days to see if it gets larger or if more spots appear. Any treatment until then would be premature. If the condition evolves into something that requires treatment you will likely need to use a QT/Hospital tank. The fish appears to be in your display tank, so I assume you did not quarantine the fish when you got it. You may want to gather the components to set up a QT so you will have them on hand if and when you need them.

See the two links below.
I was told by my LFS that they quarantine and I've seen their quarantine facility. But I'm not sure how or for how long they quarantine. Probably not long enough. For a hospital tank. Do I just need a tank, heater and hob filter ?. With some hiding spots in pvc

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by my LFS that they quarantine and I've seen their quarantine facility. But I'm not sure how or for how long they quarantine. Probably not long enough. For a hospital tank. Do I just need a tank, heater and hob filter ?. With some hiding spots in pvc
That's pretty much all you need. Just review the QT link that discusses how to set up the tank should the need arise. Pay particular attention to the need to have an active biological filter to process ammonia. I would check with your LFS to understand how they QT. If they treat with meds during QT, what do they use for example. Their procedure may rule out certain conditions that might otherwise be suspected.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures from today, hasn't grown or gotten smaller.
VideoCapture_20230121-130722.jpg VideoCapture_20230129-143528.jpg VideoCapture_20230129-143611.jpg VideoCapture_20230129-143644.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back