Does Vibrant really work? Will UV affect Vibrant? We test 6-tanks to find out! | BRStv Investigates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have a fuge, is there a good way to save the macro algae while dosing vibrant? Do people normally take it out, stick it in it's own tank with a heater and save it to put back in the tank, or would returning the cheato reintroduce the issues that vibrant was meant to solve in the first place? What about the maintenance dose of vibrant? Would continuing the maintenance dose essentially mean I won't be able to run a fuge?

I wondered the same thing. I put my cheato in a 5 gallon pail with saltwater and dosed some nitrates and phosphates for it to be happy, no heater.

Your second question I asked @Brew12 in message as they use vibrant, I will post the message.

Me: So a question, will vibrant being able to kill macro, do you run a refugium at all? I took my cheato out of my fuge for dosing but will I ever be able to/have to put it back in? If i dose vibrant weekly/monthly like I see some people do they must not run a fuge then, correct?

@Brew12 :You can put it back in. Wait for around 4 to 6 weeks after your last dose, add the chaeto back, and then wait 2 more weeks before dosing vibrant again. Then you can go to every other week.

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wondered the same thing. I put my cheato in a 5 gallon pail with saltwater and dosed some nitrates and phosphates for it to be happy, no heater.

Your second question I asked @Brew12 in message as they use vibrant, I will post the message.

Me: So a question, will vibrant being able to kill macro, do you run a refugium at all? I took my cheato out of my fuge for dosing but will I ever be able to/have to put it back in? If i dose vibrant weekly/monthly like I see some people do they must not run a fuge then, correct?

@Brew12 :You can put it back in. Wait for around 4 to 6 weeks after your last dose, add the chaeto back, and then wait 2 more weeks before dosing vibrant again. Then you can go to every other week.
Sounds like maybe chaeto can handle low or infrequent doses of vibrant maybe? That would be nice to be able to keep up with maintenance doses of vibrant and still keep my fuge going, at least after the initial heavier doses of vibrant are over. I've had some really nice benefits with running my fuge that I'd rather not give up.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my experience:

Tank has been up for a little over a year. Ulva became rampant after a tank swap about 3 months ago. (GHA was prevalent before that, but the rocks got a good scrubbing during the move.)
Started Vibrant 7 weeks ago and the algae is essentially gone at this point. I have been dosing twice a week, recommended dirty tank dose one day and half that on the second dose of the week.
I have hammers, zoa's, a scoly, stylo, monti, and two acro frags and have seen no ill effects on anything.

Closest thing i have seen to magic in a bottle in my short reefing experience..

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever used this with mangroves? I have a nano that is infected with ulva(my main also but no mangroves) . There are two mangroves that are grown into my rocks and I can't remove them. Will vibrant kill my mangroves?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back