Dog Faced Puffer with Wart-skin angler?

Fishguy530

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I’m in the research phase of my next tank / upgrade. Has anyone here ever housed a Wart-skin angler with a dog faced puffer (or similar)? I’m wondering how these 2 might do with each other. Of course every fish is an individual and all tank cohabitations have risks; I’m just wondering if that risk is reasonable.

Note: the puffer would be at least twice as large as the angler. I’m not as concerned with the angler eating the puffer as I am with the puffer harming the angler. Clearly if the angler tried to eat the puffer it would end bad for both of them.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a good idea. Puffers like to eat, the warty is a sedentary creature using a lure to attract food. What will likely happen is the puffer will take a taste of the warty. If he doesn't kill him in the tasting, the warty would never recover, Anglers easily succumb to bacterial infections after injuries and do not handle meds.

OP
OP
Fishguy530

Fishguy530

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. It’s a bummer but makes sense. Will probably have to fore-go the angler. Puffers just have so much personality.

MS38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had puffers with anglers before, both fascinating fish, and it has worked out great. Yes, some puffers such as porcupine puffers are aggressive and could potentially injure a frogfish, but dogface puffers are the most peaceful and docile puffers out there. They would not ever try to harm an angler in my opinion.
P.S If you want a dogface puffer just spend the extra money and get a golden/papaya puffer. They are stunning.

Back