• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Don’t buy a Hydros XP8 - Defective & Support is non-existent

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7E2B9D0B-1B28-4EAA-B51E-357EE60134FA.gif

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You find it hard to believe products have defective parts?

You must not have been around long if you think this is contrary to ‘everyone else’s’ experience with Coralvue products/support.

But yeah your right, it’s a big conspiracy that I would have to post a complaint hoping they’d simply give me some support under my warranty.
9327A3AA-0C9E-4A53-92AC-FE01642C9927.gif
Have you checked your junk mail or gone back to check the ticket for an update?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t attest to their customer service response times but to lump an entire product line based on one single bad experience isn’t necessarily the way to go. As with any mass produced product you’re bound to end up with a few defective ones.
Very true but my issue with them is the attitude that i have run into that starts with skepticism on their part that there really is a problem. I have yet to document my ongoing 3 month long experience with them. Now into it for over $100 just in shipping costs to have to send a brand new unit, at my expense, to be 'repaired" twice and am still waiting for it to be fixed. Not a Hydros by the way.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D540707-61BF-40F5-B90B-485F672C8EF4.gif

I really wanted to be an early supporter of the hydros ecosystem, but as usual, @CoralVue @CoralVue_Marketing has come up short…

My new/1mo old XP8 power bar seems to have some issue with relays randomly staying open or closed, as others have complained about in this thread:

Its happened a few times with my lights, but is now suddenly affecting my heater relays too - making this a serious issue.

I opened a ‘support ticket’ on their website over a week ago with zero reply. Have tried contacting their customer support number several times (which nobody answers) which leads you in circles to the ‘please open a support ticket online -goodbye!’ option.

Maybe complaining about their abysmal service and defective products on R2R will get me an actual response from the manufacturer? We’ll see…

Needless to say hydros XP8 system - NOT RECOMMENDED
Unfortunately since Coralvue is no longer a R2R paid sponsor, you won’t get a direct response on this forum from the company or any employees, they aren’t allowed to post or reply. But check your email and spam folders for a support response, I’m sure they will get back to you and work with you to correct the problem. Also the direct forums at https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/ is constantly monitored by Coralvue employees and another good resource for direct support.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t own a hydros, although I plan on getting one. Mainly for ph monitoring and notifications. I don’t think apex is worth what apex thinks it’s worth! I was only saying that just because you unfortunately got a lemon of a unit give them a chance to make it right. Pick up the phone and call them if you have to. Such is the world of assembling product, you must rely on your suppliers to send you quality parts and as anyone who has ever worked in assembly knows that isn’t always the case. I build cars for a living and it happens every single day! That is what warranties are for, generally if you have a bad part it’s going to crap out within that warranty period. But also remember the upgrade is still fairly new and they are probably working through kinks they didn’t find while beta testing. Just try and remember it’s easier to catch more flys with honey than vinegar!

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4D540707-61BF-40F5-B90B-485F672C8EF4.gif

I really wanted to be an early supporter of the hydros ecosystem, but as usual, @CoralVue @CoralVue_Marketing has come up short…

My new/1mo old XP8 power bar seems to have some issue with relays randomly staying open or closed, as others have complained about in this thread:

Its happened a few times with my lights, but is now suddenly affecting my heater relays too - making this a serious issue.

I opened a ‘support ticket’ on their website over a week ago with zero reply. Have tried contacting their customer support number several times (which nobody answers) which leads you in circles to the ‘please open a support ticket online -goodbye!’ option.

Maybe complaining about their abysmal service and defective products on R2R will get me an actual response from the manufacturer? We’ll see…

Needless to say hydros XP8 system - NOT RECOMMENDED

I have zero experience with the xp8 but my hydros 4 and other coralvue products I've usually gotten support for within the hour...

That being said if you still are ok with giving them a chance to look into it and making it right, join and reach out via their Facebook group. It's super active and you'll get prompt service. (Perhaps their website has outdated info? Not sure)

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have zero experience with the xp8 but my hydros 4 and other coralvue products I've usually gotten support for within the hour...

That being said if you still are ok with giving them a chance to look into it and making it right, join and reach out via their Facebook group. It's super active and you'll get prompt service. (Perhaps their website has outdated info? Not sure)
Not sure if this is allowed here but:

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I’ll have to try Facebook. All my other hydros equipment is fine besides the xp8

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t own a hydros, although I plan on getting one. Mainly for ph monitoring and notifications. I don’t think apex is worth what apex thinks it’s worth! I was only saying that just because you unfortunately got a lemon of a unit give them a chance to make it right. Pick up the phone and call them if you have to.
Can you please go back and read the OP? I have tried contacting them for the last 10/12 days through various methods. Email, phone, support tickets - no replies. Hence the whole Karen post about no support or customer service…

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, could be they have numerous complaints of the same issue and have no idea what’s wrong and are just too embarrassed to contact you back!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back