Don’t see my cleaner wrasse do they dig hide in rocks what’s there normal behavior

Lilly Moore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner Wrasse disappeared what’s there normal behavior

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner Wrasse disappeared what’s there normal behavior
Cleaner wrasse tend to wither away in the aquarium (If it’s not eating frozen/prepared already) however, they tend to create mucus cocoons to sleep in at night. In the wild they are HUGE parasite eaters which is why most wither away in the home aquarium

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my current cleaner for 6 years. It’s now about 3” long. Eats anything and everything I feed the tank and it’s keeps all my fish clean and happy with daily picking. It sleeps and hides in a long deep hole in a rock and it’s been doing that for years. How long has it been missing? They can hide for several days when first added to the tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sleeps inside a mucous barnacle cocoon every night. While they can hide, they’re usually on the prowl when not sleeping. In addition to all the other meaty foods (brine, mysis, etc.) my cleaner wrasse likes nori.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back