Dont get it.

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this has been a very busy year where I haven't been able to keep up on my tank as I would like and my girlfriend has really stepped up for me. But last year for no reason I have found at all my fish where dying one at a time about 2 to 3 weeks apart. 7 yellow tangs, rock beauty, all corals, and a purple tang but he died for picking a fight with my blonde naso and losing..... then the shark finished it. The fish just stopped eating and died one at a time. All fish go through QT and treatments for 2 months before moving to the display. I have a B naso, magn. Fox face, and white tail tang along with my shark for over a year now with no loses. I didn't want to keep adding as they died but I am at a loss. Wanting to set up my Qt by the start of the year and try again but I dont want to go through that again. Was hard coming home to remove a dead fish.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ya. I've been restocking after velvet wiped most of my fish live stock. Lost all my high end wrasses in that disaster. I know it's disheartening, but the hobby can be fickle sometimes.

What were your symptoms before the fish started to pass?

OP
OP
MightyMouse85

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No symptoms or signs. Just one at a time would start eating until they died. It's a 360 gallon with 120 sump. Two skimmers rated for 430g each, stocks changed ever 3 to 4 days, refugium with rock sand and chaeto. Doesn't really grow in my tank. 260lbs of LR with a 1inch deep bed, 4 powerheads but only 2 or 3 run at a time powered down and they create too much current. I keep on the basic parameters. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 15 nitrate salinity kept at 35ppm 8.2 ph 480cal and temp kept at 77.6 with apex jr

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a new fish added any time soon around the time you started losing fish? Is one of them picking on the others and stressing them out?

OP
OP
MightyMouse85

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I qt for 2 months and after proving free of issues I introduced into my tank. First batch lasted 8 months then tried agai. 2 months after same procedure and happened all over again. Only one that showed aggression was the purple after 4 months then he spent a year in the sump, reintroduced and got his butt kicked.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about other wet stuff ie coral, macroalgea

What about the shark? I thought they were sensitive to most meds but I really know next to nothing about their care, especially how you quarantine one?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your qt procedure? I see you keep them in qt for 2 months, but do you treat with anything? Are parameters the same?

OP
OP
MightyMouse85

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep qt at same parameters as my tank except during medication. I keep it at 1.020 until all meds are done than slowly raise it to 1.025 over a 3 to 4 days. I deworm first while keeping an eye on them then water change and CP. Inspect and observe for a while than after par match the tank I introduce.

OP
OP
MightyMouse85

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shark I have had for 6 years and there isnt really anything you can treat with. Shes been of great health all this time but is on the small side. Whitespotted bamboo female at 28 inches. All corals did the same and slowly died off one by one. No macro algae grows. I have been at a loss. If anything will have issues it's the shark as they are sensitive to water conditions

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back