Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures added to first post.

- Installed Vectea M2. Prefer the Varios pumps still but this is more manageable and easier to tweak.
- Temporarily installed ATK v2 in stand alone mode to keep tank topped off.
- Installed refugium like to a Wemo plug for a poor man's schedule until Apex installed.
- I'm dreading setting up the apex and having to do all the cable management. Dont mind the current mess, just temporary while cycling.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

- Installed Vectea M2. Prefer the Varios pumps still but this is more manageable and easier to tweak.
- Temporarily installed ATK v2 in stand alone mode to keep tank topped off.
- Installed refugium like to a Wemo plug for a poor man's schedule until Apex installed.
- I'm dreading setting up the apex and having to do all the cable management. Dont mind the current mess, just temporary while cycling.
Hey, with those Wemo plugs, what do they do if you cut power to them? Do they default off or go back to the state they were in before power was lost?

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, with those Wemo plugs, what do they do if you cut power to them? Do they default off or go back to the state they were in before power was lost?

When power returns it will automatically connect to wifi and continue on the schedule you have it tied to. I run a reverse refugium schedule to minimize PH drop when my main lights are off.

SmartSelect_20191026-115908_Wemo.jpg
SmartSelect_20191026-115920_Wemo.jpg
SmartSelect_20191026-115908_Wemo.jpg
SmartSelect_20191026-115920_Wemo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Parameters have been spot on during cycling.

I plan to replace the end MP40s with MP60s. Keeping 40s on the back glass. I'm currently running everything at 55% and not happy with flow in the middle 24 inch portion. Repositioned side MP40s closer to the front.

Running a seneye with slide to monitor parameters till I can get drunk enough to install the apex system and deal with all that cabling. Hate cabling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Halloween! ;Spiderman;Vamp;Mask

Cycling flying along. Spot on with Red Sea Mature Pro kit predictions. Ammonia almost 0. Nitrates almost zero. Kit calls for cleaner crew today. Will wait a few extra days just in case. Never seen cycling speed along so fast but this is the first time using live sand. I think it makes a huge difference. Currently on day 10. Rock getting some brown as expected. Some good clean up crew food!

Will start working on my Apex/electronics cabinet. This is what I'm going with. Wife approved.

Everything seems to be more consistent flow wise. Maybe everything is breaking in. Nearly silent at 1100 gph return. Having second thoughts on mp60. May leave 40s.

SmartSelect_20191031-134919_Chrome.jpg

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The build is looking great! I love my 230.6. I wish I had the space for a fuge, but I an going bare bottom so opted to put 3x Marinepure 8x4 blocks in the first chamber and a skimmer in the other. I am excited to see where this goes!

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test cleaner crew added. Parameters are right where they should be. Will add more in a week or so.

5x turbo snails
2x sea cucumbers
1x brittle star fish 6 incher
15x blue leg hermits
15x Astraea snails

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures added to first page.

- Watched parameters. Solid. Tank is done cycling. Added additional cleaner crew.
- Added fish. Tang police... shh. I will be setting up a 500g in the future.
- Placed order with Algae barn to begin refugium. Adding chaeto, mangroves and pods.
- Picked up an Apex Cor20 pump. I'll swap that out to experiment with.
- Added Vivid Aquatics random flow nozzles. 3/4 on left and 1/2 on right. Left side is much stronger since return line is much closer to left. Making right side smaller evened out flow perfectly. If anyone has a bigger waterbox let me know... I have a 3/4 and 1/2 pair with adaptors available.
- Picked up a stand for my 10 inch Amazon fire tablet. Currently using it to show Seneye Dashboard. Will be used as my Apex fusion display.
- Will begin installing apex gear when I'm not lazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also looking for suggestions on powerhead placement.

Keep as is? 4x MP40 = one on each side and 2 on back wall?

Put 2x mp40s on left and right... removing the ones on back wall? So flow will be from left to right only.

I also have 2x mp60s I could utilize which are just sitting collecting dust. Im afraid they may be overkill.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filter socks are getting clogged every 1-2 days. As a result water backs up in the first chamber, lowering the water level in the other chambers which throws off my auto top off. When we replace the socks, the water goes back to normal but by then the auto top off has already added additional RO. I'm open to suggestions.

Just replace both filter socks with "mesh" style socks. Definately wont catch as much stuff but wont clogged as easy.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filter socks are getting clogged every 1-2 days. As a result water backs up in the first chamber, lowering the water level in the other chambers which throws off my auto top off. When we replace the socks, the water goes back to normal but by then the auto top off has already added additional RO. I'm open to suggestions.

Just replace both filter socks with "mesh" style socks. Definately wont catch as much stuff but wont clogged as easy.
Everything is looking good. Your salinity probably isn’t changing to drastically with the excess RO from the minor flux.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

- Added a few more fish. Pretty much done now. Have some other fish in my other tanks I need to bring over.
- Put in Algaebarn Ultimar Refugium kit.
- Maybe this weekend I'll properly wire everything up...
- Will begin adding coral after another week of monitoring.
- Swapped out Vectra M2 for Apex Cor20.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking that Reef Octopus Skimmer? I’m considering the switch from my Red Sea RSK 600 to the RO 220 internal SSS. Does the skimmer cup separate easily from the base? Does yours have the full sensor?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back