OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking that Reef Octopus Skimmer? I’m considering the switch from my Red Sea RSK 600 to the RO 220 internal SSS. Does the skimmer cup separate easily from the base? Does yours have the full sensor?

Best skimmer I have ever owned. Quiet, and pulls out some nasty skim. I love the Varios pumps... IMO the best out there. Unfortunately I had to ditch my Varios 8 return pump because I needed something in between their Varios 8 (2700 gph) and Varios 6 (1700) so I went with the Cor20 (2000 GPH).

I have the full cut off float switch for it, just haven't installed it yet. Need to get my wire management setup first.

I wanted to run a refugium. I had to go with the SSS to save space. It barely fit. The 200 and 220 are the same... only difference is the skimmer pump. I believe one uses the varios 4s and one uses varios 6s. I'm currently running at 50% and found the sweet spot at 8-8.5 inches water depth. Skimmer cup easily comes off. Just spin counter clock wise to remove.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got most of the wire management done Sunday. Not perfect due to limited time but I can at least work with it moving forward.

Here is my dosing chamber. Dosing on left. Dosing in right. Auto water changes in the rear. Trident waste 1 gallon jugs in back left and right.

20191119_100548.jpg

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to plumb my BRS GFO/Carbon reactor to my manifold. Needed a little more power for better GFO tumbling. The stand alone cobalt wasnt cutting it.

Also my chaeto has grown out of control in a little over a week. Got rid of those dang socks. Went to cups and running floss. I hope I can go a week without needing to swap out. Socks caused water to back up, lowering water level in other chambers, and throwing my ATO out of wack.

20191123_212751.jpg

20191123_212705.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tank!

Thanks sir! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have a brand new, sealed.. Trident available at MSRP $600. Thanks to @Bulk Reef Supply . I'll even eat the shipping cost via fedex. Only for the followers of my thread :)

The first person to say "I'LL TAKE IT" in this thread AND SEND ME A PM, will get it. PayPal only. I can ship by Saturday and can provide tracking within the hour.

Stay tuned. I plan to do more stuff like this!!!

Screenshot_20191128-143635_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191128-143635_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back