OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing around with the Polylab v2 filter this morning.

20191214_085143.jpg

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MP40 on its way to @TheOne The other MP40 is sold to @diaz2010 - Both have been sold.

People ask me what I feed my fish. Well the trick is to give them a little of this and that... :D

Put everything in a little RO. Wait for it to thaw. Then strain all that additive phosphate junk. Then add to a bowl of RO with a splash of garlic and reef roids!

20191201_193952.jpg
What do you mean you strain the additive phosphate junk? After you strain you just put the core of all the food left in a new bowl of RO when you do the reef roids and garlic?

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean you strain the additive phosphate junk? After you strain you just put the core of all the food left in a new bowl of RO when you do the reef roids and garlic?

- Put all food in RO bowl. Let it thaw.
- Strain it. Put the strained food in new RO bowl.
- Add some reef roids and garlic. Mix. Bon appétit.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed alot. I'll back down when the fishies settle in. I make sure they are healthy to combat any diseases during start of new tanks. Right now... meaty food and nori at 9 am and 7pm. I have 2 Auto feeders thar drop flakes and pellets at 1230 and 4. But just a small amount.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to go topless. You will lose fish to jumping. I lost three and decided that was enough. I had a custom built lid made by toplids. It looks like they aren't around anymore though. It was pricey but so were the fish I lost. Not to mention the time I spent quarantining them.

20191125_163532.jpg 2018-08-18_19-26-21_003.jpg

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to go topless. You will lose fish to jumping. I lost three and decided that was enough. I had a custom built lid made by toplids. It looks like they aren't around anymore though. It was pricey but so were the fish I lost.

20191125_163532.jpg

Very nice. I thought about it. I think I was up to almost $400.

I went to home depot and got some white egg crate lol. $30 bucks and my apex feeders can drop right through it. I only put them on at night. Fishies get nutty at night or some reason.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I thought about it. I think I was up to almost $400.

I went to home depot and got some white egg crate lol. $30 bucks and my apex feeders can drop right through it.

Yeah I spent close to $500 on it. They cut it to the exact dimensions I gave them. I had it made in three pieces so it's easier to move around when I need to get into the tank and also for cleaning the salt creep. I had a beautiful McCosker's Flasher Wrasse that I spent alot of time putting thru quarantine and medicating and was very healthy once I added it to my tank. I was devastated when I woke up and found it in the floor. That was the end of my topless days.

Yes, egg crate works great. I use it on my qt tank (40 breeder).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I spent close to $500 on it. They cut it to the exact dimensions I gave them. I had it made in three pieces so it's easier to move around when I need to get into the tank and also for cleaning the salt creep. I had a beautiful McCosker's Flasher Wrasse that I spent alot of time putting thru quarantine and medicating and was very healthy once I added it to my tank. I was devastated when I woke up and found it in the floor. That was the end of my topless days.

Yes, egg crate works great. I use it on my qt tank (40 breeder).

Ya I csnt justify $500 right now lol. Sucks on the flasher. Looks like you hang your lights. I have my lights mounted with arms. Knowing my luck, ecotech would release the G5 and require different mounts. Then I'd be screwed with that cover.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan to install these UPS systems. Each one will host an MP60 and MP40. I measured 48.5 watts at my max from 9 am to 3pm. That is good for 180 minutes of run time... 3 hours of water movement each side. Not bad. If power outage happens at night... I can expect double or even triple that amount of time.

The light pull too many watts. So cant do much there. Tank can live a while without lights. I have a generator in the garage just in case.

Didnt feel like trying to figure out the apex/ecotech battery back up combo. May still plug my UPS systems into my energy bar if I have spare slots for power consumption.

20191217_102557.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back