DOS AWC not balanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a DOS a few days ago to perform an AWC. The graphical summary keeps showing that's it's adding more than it's removing, but the NSW and OSW has the exact same program. I copied one from the other. The NSW appears to be running one more cycle than the OSW (second pic). I found some threads from 2015 with many people having this problem, but none recently. I'm running the latest fw on a neptune classic. It looks like salinity has bumped up about 1/4 to 1/2 a point after a few days.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Oh and by the way, if you're wondering how loud the AWC is.. check out my text from my lady the day after I installed it:p

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.21.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.21.37 PM.png

fullsizeoutput_49eb.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This won't answer your question but mine pulls more water than it puts back in...even after calibrating both pumps. I gave up and just manually add two glasses full of new saltwater each day :-( Fusion shows it adding the same amounts though.

OP
OP
CJBuckeyes

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I calibrated the pumps. I don’t think it’s related to calibration, as it’s telling one pump to add more water than it’s telling the other one to remove. Seems more like a bug..

its.jojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m gonna follow this one. AWC is the only reason I switched to apex. I plan on setting mine up with my new build.

Are there others that have trouble with this?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This won't answer your question but mine pulls more water than it puts back in...even after calibrating both pumps. I gave up and just manually add two glasses full of new saltwater each day :-( Fusion shows it adding the same amounts though.
Mine does the same thing but fusion will show different amounts.

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried modifying the interval amount? Maybe round up (get rid of any decimals) and add 10ml...

make sure both are the same values.
make sure to save/submit both changes.
make sure both have the same start/stop times.

The only time mine are 'unbalanced' is if I mess with any settings while its running.

OP
OP
CJBuckeyes

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After multiple days of unbalanced dosing, it finally corrected itself two days ago. No idea why. I'll keep an eye on it, I don't really trust it at the moment. .

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After multiple days of unbalanced dosing, it finally corrected itself two days ago. No idea why. I'll keep an eye on it, I don't really trust it at the moment. .

I've been running DOS AWC's for a few months now... and for a while, I had the same concerns.

A few things to keep in mind...
The software side (graphs & numbers) is just giving you an estimate on the amount of fluid its moving. It's just telling a stepper motor to turn (x) number of rotations a minute for (y) amount of time.

The display in the fusion dashboard doesn't reset. if you manually run the pump the numbers displayed will be out of sync for a few days. There is no way to 'reset' the graph/number in the dashboard... you just have to let it go a few days for the numbers to re-sync (IMHO.. this is what happened to you).

Using the DOS for water changes is life-changing :)

At the same time... I don't trust it 100%.

I keep an eye on my salinity levels.
I monitor the water level in my sump.
I calibrate the DOS about every 2 months.
I monitor how much water is going in and coming out (for the first weeks I had the wastewater going into a 5gal jug.. i would mesure the volume daily to make sure it was exactly what I was changing).

Over time you'll start to accept its quarks and hopefully, enjoy never hauling around buckets again :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back