DOS AWC - Putting in more water than taking out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup my DOS to do a daily AWC (1 gallon), and notice my sump level going up after it's finished. I went through the whole calibration process...and both sides tested at 40ml.

I've primed both lines and don't see any air bubbles.

Is there a way to manually edit how long each side runs? I thought maybe it was because of slight variations in how long the lines were (the DOS is much closer to the new salt water container than the sump)....but the calibration seemed to debunk that.

Anything else I should check?

OP
OP
Reefpuck

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you look at the interval summery for Add and Remove, does it match?

Looks like it.
Capture.PNG

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the waste water line tube fully submerged to allow the whole 1 gallon to be removed? Or does the water line go lower than you have the waste line positioned? So it is not sucking air when it thinks it is removing water.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I figured it out. One side of the dos is losing prime slowly. Will check fittings and tubing. It's brand new so hard to think the head is the issue.

Have you determined the issue? I am having he exact same problem, after a 2 gal water change (4hrs) my sump level has risen quite a bit, calibration is on, new tubing and pump head.

OP
OP
Reefpuck

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you determined the issue? I am having he exact same problem, after a 2 gal water change (4hrs) my sump level has risen quite a bit, calibration is on, new tubing and pump head.

Yeah I didn't realize that the DOS head that removes the water spins backwards when you set it up for AWC. Not sure what Neptune's thinking was on that.

So just swapped the lines and it works perfect now.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I didn't realize that the DOS head that removes the water spins backwards when you set it up for AWC. Not sure what Neptune's thinking was on that.

So just swapped the lines and it works perfect now.

You can switch it to "add" which is i did, this way it primes and such, I'm not sure then why mine is not working or working intermittent.

Did you follow the instructions in the Tasks? For AWC it is setup differently then just dosing.

No i did its as dosing, which has been verified to work if the lines are setup correctly. In my case they are 'in' is 'in' and 'out' is 'out', the problem is despite the calibration, it ends up removing ~75% of the water it should, which leads to a rise in the sump levels. I verified this this with my ATO, it was working before the water change, and after it my high sump alarm is triggered.

I wonder if the calibration at 40 ml/min isn't good enough to translate to when it runs high speed (400 mL /min) for the AWC

Back