Dos constantly on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought a used dos and I plugged the USB to the eb8 and then when I plug the power supply in an outlet both dos heads start spinning without stopping. Any help will be appreciated

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the DOS output sliders on the dashboard set to ON or AUTO? If so, try setting them to OFF to see if the pumps stop. If that works, then look at the DOS schedules to see if they are programmed to be running at this time of day. When set to ON, the pumps will run. When set to AUTO, they should run only if the schedule instructs them to.

If that's not the issue, then look closely at the priming buttons on the DOS to ensure they aren't stuck in the pressed position.

OP
OP
Muhammed

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh good thinking the problem was with the buttons being stuck. How can I stop them from being so finicky? If I so touch it slightly or look at it the wrong way it turns back on lol. Sometimes even when its running it will seem like its getting stuck but im assuming it just turning off on off on constantly.

OP
OP
Muhammed

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting will do thanks for the quick replies

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buttons have to actually be pressed in. Perhaps thats why it was being sold? Contact neptune to see if it can be repaired?

If it were me, I'd unscrew the cover to dislodge the stuck buttons. Not sure if that would void the warranty, or if there even is any warranty since you bought it 2nd hand.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I'd unscrew the cover to dislodge the stuck buttons. Not sure if that would void the warranty, or if there even is any warranty since you bought it 2nd hand.
Never unscrewed mine to se if it was a viable option. You are though, right at this point he no longer has a warrenty as it's a second hand item.

OP
OP
Muhammed

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to talk with neptune first to see my options if I have no luck hopefully the seller is nice.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back