dos issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last nite i replaced my reagents for trident and left the auto control dosing on while doing calibration. the dos went on to overdose 500 ml of calcium into my reef tank. and on n off it kept running by itself eventho i have off it on fusion. anyone experience this before? the sound is coming from the right side motor of the dos.

i never expect something like this to happen. just imagine, just need an issue like this to wipe out ur tank if ur away on holiday etc.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clicking seems like the DOS head is not properly seated on the motor's axle. Pop the head off, examine the "+" shaped fitting where the head attaches to make sure it's not damaged. Then place the head back onto the DOS ensuring the axle fits properly into the head's socket:

IMG_7602.jpg

As for the 500 ml overdose, what is your programmed schedule base amount, and what percentage did you specify in the Control interval? Lastly, are you sure the DOS was set to AUTO and not manually left in the ON position?

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clicking seems like the DOS head is not properly seated on the motor's axle. Pop the head off, examine the "+" shaped fitting where the head attaches to make sure it's not damaged. Then place the head back onto the DOS ensuring the axle fits properly into the head's socket:

IMG_7602.jpg

As for the 500 ml overdose, what is your programmed schedule base amount, and what percentage did you specify in the Control interval? Lastly, are you sure the DOS was set to AUTO and not manually left in the ON position?

ok i;ll go take a look once i get home. as for my programmed schedule. it is set at 45ml base amount +- 40% and target is at 450 +- 50 ppm. just let me show u some pics of some random dosing

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n all this happened after replacing the reagents. not sure if its coincidence or what. prior to this everything ran smoothly and dos was spot on

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please show your DOS schedule screen, both the graphic view and basic view. Click the indicated icon at the top to toggle between those two views:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 12.09.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 12.09.23 PM.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back