DOS stuck ON?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I was under the tank when this happened which makes me wonder if something I did caused it to do so.

I was installing some new plumbing and cut out some old and of course leaked a few ounces of water flowed out and onto Various items in the sump some of which landed on the DOS. I quickly wiped everything off and went on about installing the new plumbing. A few minutes later I hear that those turn onto does calcium in very small doses and expected it to turn off very quickly but it never turned off. I want to look underneath it was still dosing much longer than it should’ve been. Knowing it would crash my tank I luckily had a cup nearby which I placed underneath the Doser to catch the excess calcium. I figured an old piece of plumbing Was pushing on the manual does button but I quickly checked and nothing was pressing the manual doser button. I’ve a.m. luckily had my phone nearby and open the fusion app and turned off the dozer but it still continued to run! The only thing that would stop the dozer was to disconnect its power supply on the left side. The unit is about a year old max. I let it sit for a few days disconnected all the lines in today plugged it back in and the doser head on the left side continued to run by itself even though it’s off in fusion!

So I’ve got a broken DOS and not sure what do next with this thing?

Send it back to Neptune to take a look at it?

Anyone had this happen before? What was the cause?

Thanks

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like some saltwater got inside and damaged the electronics.
Major bummer. :(
I'd definitely submit a ticket with Neptune and see what they suggest to do.

OP
OP
TX_Punisher

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I think about it I’d imagine that’s what happened. It wasn’t even that much nor was it direct more like a splash. Unfortunately the Red Sea 750 leaves NO room outside of the sump area to place such things.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I was under the tank when this happened which makes me wonder if something I did caused it to do so.

I was installing some new plumbing and cut out some old and of course leaked a few ounces of water flowed out and onto Various items in the sump some of which landed on the DOS. I quickly wiped everything off and went on about installing the new plumbing. A few minutes later I hear that those turn onto does calcium in very small doses and expected it to turn off very quickly but it never turned off. I want to look underneath it was still dosing much longer than it should’ve been. Knowing it would crash my tank I luckily had a cup nearby which I placed underneath the Doser to catch the excess calcium. I figured an old piece of plumbing Was pushing on the manual does button but I quickly checked and nothing was pressing the manual doser button. I’ve a.m. luckily had my phone nearby and open the fusion app and turned off the dozer but it still continued to run! The only thing that would stop the dozer was to disconnect its power supply on the left side. The unit is about a year old max. I let it sit for a few days disconnected all the lines in today plugged it back in and the doser head on the left side continued to run by itself even though it’s off in fusion!

So I’ve got a broken DOS and not sure what do next with this thing?

Send it back to Neptune to take a look at it?

Anyone had this happen before? What was the cause?

Thanks

I had a water damaged DOS repaired by Neptune a couple years ago. It wasn’t that expensive, I think < $100 including shipping but it’s been awhile.

It won’t be the first or last one they repair, open a support ticket and go from there :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back