Dosage

Cmas0814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is better for coral. Sps and LPS. Seachem reef trace and plus or reef fusion 1 and 2

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on what you need. reef fusion are needed if your alk and calcium are depleting. reef trace is adding back trace elements that get depleted. its not really a choice to be made with these. you either need them, or you dont. both lps and sps will use all 3 of these, but there isnt one that is better than another

Seagre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea have a nice programme to follow :)

Click create recipe :)

OP
OP
C

Cmas0814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on what you need. reef fusion are needed if your alk and calcium are depleting. reef trace is adding back trace elements that get depleted. its not really a choice to be made with these. you either need them, or you dont. both lps and sps will use all 3 of these, but there isnt one that is better than another
Ok thank you

OP
OP
C

Cmas0814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kh is high. Wanted to ask yall because the stores here just try to sell ya every product they have. One is saying it's the reef crystals I'm using but other store says only use reef crystals. Maybe switch to the other salt and lay off the reef trace

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kh is high. Wanted to ask yall because the stores here just try to sell ya every product they have. One is saying it's the reef crystals I'm using but other store says only use reef crystals. Maybe switch to the other salt and lay off the reef trace
how high is high? some salts have different varieties, that have different element levels in them, so it is possible that the salt you use, has a higher KH level. the container should tell you.

unless you dont do regular water changes, you can probably skip the reef trace/reef plus. those are mainly there to supplement corals, and replace minerals in the water that go away when there arent continual water changes , and add amino acids/vitamins for corals to use. unless you need it, you dont need it. i suspect that you probably dont.

the reef fusion 1 and 2 are a calcium and alkalinity supplement. again, unless your system is using these up to the point, where you cant replenish them fast enough, or keep that at a level in between water changes, then you dont necessarily need these either.

i use all of them, but i also dont do weekly water changes. out of the bunch, you would likely need the alkalinity portion of fusion most. or at least, i do. it will all depend on what your tank uses up in between the time that you do your water changes. i can expect that i will use about .2-.4 Alk per day, so i dost a half cap or so twice a day. this keeps me at about 8.1-8.2. also, since i dont do regular water changes, i will dose reef plus up to 2 times a week as a supplement for corals. do i need to? probably not.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 147 60.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.2%
Back