Dose Vibrant or not?

Paddypils

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my tank has been up for around 10 months now and all my rock is still green, with some coralline growth beneath it. Tangs and CUC are keeping everything short however i really would like my tank to look a bit cleaner. My water parameters are:
PH : 7.9 - 8.2
Salinity : 34.9 ppt
ALK : 8.3
Ca : 445
Mg : 1380
PO4 : 0.028
N03 : 5

So what do you think, use Vibrant or is it just the ugly phase and should i wait it out?

20210403_2040452.jpg

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it, but sparingly. Some people swear it nuked their tank. I’ve never had any problems that I could link to it. As far as making the tank look cleaner, yep it does that well.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vibrant.
Do you run a fuge, that's another reason not to.

OP
OP
P

Paddypils

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vibrant.
Do you run a fuge, that's another reason not to.
No fuge for now, had one from the start got my n03, and po4 low and got overrun with cyano. Don't know why maybe my tank wasn't stable enough.
After that i started dosing Reef Elixer( Dutch version of All For Reef), Reef Elixer has carbon added so just stuck to carbon dosing. However now my corals start to consume a bit more (around 0.4 Dkh a day) i don't know if i should:
1: Use Reef Elixer add a rollermat and dose Vibrant(atleast have the possibility to)
2: Go with the Triton Method, remove filtersocks and add some chaeto

I would prefer Triton however i'm just a bit scared adding elements that make algae grow faster will just make the ugly stage worse, until it gets out off hand. And then i wont be able to add Vibrant without stopping with Triton.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back