Doser pump Timer

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm Running Reef-pi 4.1 I got my dosing pumps running and calibrated. I'm trying to figure out the timers; its kinda confusing me. I Have read the Reef-Pi user manual and have Made no progress in figuring this out. If someone can give me some advice that would be good.

I noticed that when setting up the pump there's a month day hour ECT. spot. Do i use these blocs to program it???

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google "Cron expressions" for an in depth explanation

Basically, if you want something to happen every month, every day, etc., then you put a "*" in that field.

If you want something to happen on the 5th day of the month, the fifth hour of the day, the fifth second of the minute etc, then you put a "5" in that field.

You could also put "5,6,10" in that field, them it will happen on the 5th,6th and 10th month/day/minute

You could also do "5-10" then it will do all between 5 and 10

Or you could do "*/10", if you put that in the minutes field, then it will happen every 10 minutes for example.

Doing something every hour on the hour would be a "*" in every field, but a "0" in the minutes and seconds field. Then it will happen on the 0th second of the 0th minute of every hour of every day etc.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i can make something happen every 5th second of a minute but not every 5 seconds if that's what I wanted.
you could do that too by putting stars everywhere but "*/5" in the seconds field (or "0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55") I'm not entirely sure though if that's not cutting it a little bit close with the capabilities of the device and how long the dosing actually takes

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back