Dosing alk question

Picassoclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I used the brs calculator for my 275 gallon system to figure out how much alk I should be using, but it did not mention anything about how much should be mixed in with RODI water. Current alk is 5.7, target is 8.0. This is what was said about quantity: 71.84 grams or 2.53 oz or 15.29 tsp

How much RODI water should I be using to mix this with? 1 gallon, 5 gallon, 10 gallon? Thank you!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I used the brs calculator for my 275 gallon system to figure out how much alk I should be using, but it did not mention anything about how much should be mixed in with RODI water. Current alk is 5.7, target is 8.0. This is what was said about quantity: 71.84 grams or 2.53 oz or 15.29 tsp

How much RODI water should I be using to mix this with? 1 gallon, 5 gallon, 10 gallon? Thank you!
The calculator tells you to fully dissolve it in RODI water. So, start adding RODI into the powder while stirring until it's completely dissolved.
It doesn't really matter if you use too much RODI, you just need to get the alk into the tank.

OP
OP
Picassoclown

Picassoclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The calculator tells you to fully dissolve it in RODI water. So, start adding RODI into the powder while stirring until it's completely dissolved.
It doesn't really matter if you use too much RODI, you just need to get the alk into the tank.
I gotcha. Thank you very much.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back