Dosing aquaforest

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by benb716, Dec 3, 2017.

1. benb716

benb716 New Member

Just ordered component 1+2+3+, my system has a total of 70 gallons, I have no corals but have a bunch of live rock and am looking to start stabilizing my tank now, ive just reached the highest point in my ammonia spike during the cycle and am hoping to accelerate my coralline growth by stabilizing my tank early. Anyone out there use aquaforest and has some tips???

Tags:

2. Jerm40

Jerm40 Member

No need to do anything at this point... definitely don’t try to “accelerate” anything. This hobby is a waiting game. Just add some fish and coral a little at a time and sit back and watch the tank blossom. No matter what you add no, new tank will be completely stable for at least 6 months to a year. If you get in a hurry I promise you will run into problems!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. benb716

benb716 New Member

Oh im in rush at all just simply looking to stabilize my parameters and get into some sort of routine for the tank, im leaving for vacation in about a week and wont see the tank for 2 weeks after that, then i plan on beginning my dosing was just looking for some tips

4. Jerm40

Jerm40 Member

Those components are cal. alk. and mag. if I’m not mistaken. If there is nothing in the tank then there is no consumption, therefore you don’t need that. As long as you are using good salt those big 3 elements should be in check. When you get a good supply of coral then you can add the 2 part, but only after you test and see a consumption. Good luck!!!

5. Old Glory

Old Glory Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Have you completed the cycle? That is what you need to focus on now. Try Bio S if you want to help the cycle.

6. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

You are not going to need those components for atleast 2-3 months or even more. Just cycle the system with BioS and then use Pro bios to run the cycle. Once you introduce some fish wait for 1-2 months and then start adding the corals slowly. The system will stabilize by its own. Once you see a significant drop in Alk which can not be make up by weekly water changes then you introduce those components.

Jerm40 likes this.
  7. Aquaforest

Aquaforest Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello,
    Component 1+2+3+ is dedicated to align Ca, KH and Mg levels and microelements.
    This is not good to dose micro to unstabilize system.

Draft saved Draft deleted