Dosing BlueLife RedCyano Rx.. How to?

Gustavo89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im about to dose BlueLife RedCyano, but im kind of confused about the water change (when).

These are the instructions on the Box

"For best results, siphon out as much Cyano Bacteria as possible from your aquarium. Remove a cup of water from your aquarium. Mix 1 level scoop of Red Cyano Rx in the cup for every 10 gallons (37.9 liters) of water in your aquarium. Dissolve thoroughly and pour solution into the aquarium. After 24 hours, you may turn ON Protein skimmer and ozone, although you may notice extra foam being produced by your Skimmer.

If Cyano Bacteria is still visable, 48 hours after treatment, perform a 25% water change and repeat dosage.

Note: It is recommended that the pH in your aquarium be greater than 8.0, before you begin to add Red Cyano Rx. The best time to start treatment is in the morning, when lighting first comes on. Also, it is important to perform a 25% water change, within 12 hours, following each dose.

You will need to discontinue the use of carbon, protein skimming, and ozone during the treatment period. Do not dose in the evenings when lighting is turned off. Do a 25% water change 5 days after treatment.

So when i add the Dose for my tank, i should wait 1, 2 or 3 days and after is completely gone, should i make the water change?

What happens if within 1 day i dont see any change? do i need to make the 25% water change still? should i wait until i get rid completely of the Cyano (doesnt matter how many days) then after that do the 25% water change??

Thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for anyone who's used this

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back