Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 10 gals QT.

1. Tomini Tang with ich :( and 2 pj cardinals
2. royal gramma and pair of clowns

Should I copper dose both of them just to be safe? Tank 2 has not shown any symptoms and everyone is looking and eating super well.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say definitely yes. All new fish need to be treated for parasites to protect them and the others. Also, ich is easily transferred to nearby tanks. Here is a link to my current quarantine protocol:

Jay

OP
OP
A

afk-47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wrong. It was not ich but brooks. I lost a pj cardinal and my tomini last night. Pj did not show any physical markings but started to swim face up. This lasted about 20mins. Then he started to lay down while breathing super hard. He did not make it. About an hour later, I noticed my tang was covered in points and a slime coat. Then the tomini did the actual swimming and breathing pattern as the pj. Pretty bummed out to lost the tang. I ordered a hanna checker to better check copper levels. The api one is useless. The Hanna should show up st the 48 hour second dosing mark. I did 15 drops in each tank to keep the dose a bit lower due to no being able to really check it. Also got some rally pro coming. I'll be better prepared for the next time. It sucked watching the little guy suffer with no real options to help. My lfs has another tomini and is willing to help with the cost of replacement.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooklynella doesn’t respond well to copper, but from your description I can’t confirm that’s what you fish have or not. The ruby reef has been used as a dip for Brook by some folks.
Jay

OP
OP
A

afk-47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First video was 1:24 and second at 2:11. About 20mins later he was gone. This tang spent most of his time hiding so it was odd to see him out swimming soo much. Thats when I noticed that he was covered in white spots. He started to struggle to swim and only sit at the water surface gasping for air. Then started to fight to hold himself up to the surface and started to fall. After than, he was laying down heavy breathing. About 5 mins later, he was gone. I am curious on what this was so I can understand it and try to avoid it in the future. I was thinking brook due to the clear looking hair on his top fin.

Attachments

• 20210512_021101.mp4
    46.4 MB

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back