Dosing Calcium Chloride - manual 1 day maximum change

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I just starting dosing Calcium (BRS Pharma Pouch) to my tank via automated Kamoer dosing pump. I need to manually dose Calcium to increase the level to where I want it to be at a steady state (450). Currently I am at 390. I know what my daily amount will be based on a 5 day consumption rate, but I need to get to 450 via manual and then the daily dosing will maintain it.

With that said, what is maximum amount that I can safely increase the Calcium level without causing any stress? Somewhere I thought I read 10ppm, but thought I would get some recommendations.

Thanks in advance

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I just starting dosing Calcium (BRS Pharma Pouch) to my tank via automated Kamoer dosing pump. I need to manually dose Calcium to increase the level to where I want it to be at a steady state (450). Currently I am at 390. I know what my daily amount will be based on a 5 day consumption rate, but I need to get to 450 via manual and then the daily dosing will maintain it.

With that said, what is maximum amount that I can safely increase the Calcium level without causing any stress? Somewhere I thought I read 10ppm, but thought I would get some recommendations.

Thanks in advance
If you check the BRS calculator it says right on there.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd boost it to your target over 2 days. The concern is not ever the calcium rise, IMO, but impurities that may ride in with it. :)
Thanks Randy. I appreciate your timely response. I will go with adding over two days...hopefully minimal impurities..

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy. I appreciate your timely response. I will go with adding over two days...hopefully minimal impurities..

That should be fine in this case. It's more of a concern with bulk industrial calcium chloride.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back