Dosing metroplex to qt water to eliminate internal worms

Lee belk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've had my fish in qt for a while now I lost a few after using general cure while they was in cupramine so I drained tge qt tank added fresh water and ordered copper power hanna test kit prazipro metroplex kanaplex and focus I have been dosing my tank every 48 hr with metro and I have added prazipro 3 times 6-7 days apart I see seachem say metro is effective dosed in water or food soaked to clear internal worms I was hoping someone could confirm this method does work or would I be better off feeding them it now my yellow had a pinched stomach and does look a lot better now with dosing it to the water I have never seen it poop yet so I haven't got a clue if it has stringy feces I've been keeping a eye on the pish since using prazpro for any secondary infection all seems good so far and they are ready for copper power to be added I have notice a bit of scratching from most of them im thinking this could be because of prazi killing any flukes leaving them itchy or it could be ich so I have decided to still go along with the treatment if anyone has had experience dosing metrplex to the water and it eliminating the internal worms confirm it works it would be appreciated

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metroplex doesn't treat metazoans (worms). It is just used to control some protozoans (Hexamita) and a few rare bacteria. Prazipro is praziquantel mixed with a solvent. It is used for external worms, with limited affect against internal worms. General Cure is praziquantel and Metronidazole powder.

Using anything with Focus is problematic. The dose is always uncontrolled, so you never know how much medication the fish are actually getting. Here is a link to an article I wrote on how to use medicated foods properly:

Jay

Back