Dosing NP Bacto Balance while using Vibrant

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start using Vibrant to hopefully remove the bubble and turf algae in my tank. I am currently dosing 1.5ml daily of Tropic Marin's NP Bacto Balance. Should I discontinue Bacto Balance while doing the Vibrant treatment? I believe both are carbon dosing additives and not sure if there will be problems.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Following!! Any adverse effects dosing both at the same time if anybody have experience with the products?? Please advise!

OP
OP
jtichenor

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done one vibrant dose 5 days ago and did not stop my daily np bacto-balance. So far so good. There is already a noticeable reduction in the turf algae growth. Alk consumption and all other nutrient levels unchaned.
I did remove my Chaeto and no longer run the refugium light at night. The ph has dropped about 0.1 because of this.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've done one vibrant dose 5 days ago and did not stop my daily np bacto-balance. So far so good. There is already a noticeable reduction in the turf algae growth. Alk consumption and all other nutrient levels unchaned.
I did remove my Chaeto and no longer run the refugium light at night. The ph has dropped about 0.1 because of this.
What is your tank size and what is the vibrant dosage you are doing??

But Great to know. Keep up posted

LSU-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing Vibrant and a Mix of NP bacto-balance and Plus NP along with All-for-Reef and have seen no ill effects on my corals. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks now and change the daily dosing of the BactoBalance and Plus NP based on how much phosphate I measure weekly.

I started this due get rid of Turf algae and some Hair algae.....the turf algae seem to be done but the hair algae are sticking around.

the only negative I would say is I do have Dinos popping up but they are light at the moment and have been steady for a couple of weeks

Back