dosing pump put all part 2 solution in tank this morning what to do

Captainscott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my auto dosing pump failed this morning and put all part two solution in tank what should I do nervous for my corals and two fish hope the tank doesn't crash
tempImageyyYpZq.jpg

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big of a water change can you do, and how quickly?
Shame you are not close.. I have 40 gal on hand of water I would be willing to give.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks I'm thinking a 70% change but don't want to **** up the natural parameters
There are a couple problems - 1. Have you measured your Alkalinity or CA? A lot of the 'problem' - may have precipitated out (i.e. you're just seeing the precipitate. 2. If you want to do water changes - I would do it slowly - rather than 70 percent (depending on what your tests show) - lets say your alkalinity went up from 7 to 14 - dropping it quickly back to 7 (like with a large water change) might be worse than doing it more slowly - most of this depends on where you alkalinity was before the 'accident' and what it is now?

PS - I would check Alkalinity Ca and Mg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I butt dialed a liter of 2 part and came out ok with water changes. I think an acan colony was my only loss. Acros astonishingly recovered right away.

Did it dose BOTH parts? If so, as @MnFish1 you are in a better place as it precipitated and kinda canceled each other out. That precip is a pain to clean though. Pick up some citric acid to bathe your pumps, heaters, et al.

OP
OP
Captainscott

Captainscott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just part two of seachem fusion 2 have done a 90% water change hope that helps my eligance coral is shriveled in and all my hammers and zoanthids are not coming out yet but it has only been 40 minutes since water change so I hope they make it my clown didn't make it have cleaned my HOB UV skimmer protein skimmer and powerhead. Just praying for the tank

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree the critical question is exactly what dosed.

measuring alk and calcium is not useful with the water still cloudy. It will read high.
Im curious - isn't the water cloudy because of precipitation? Meaning - if one component was dosed - the other could be quite low - and vice versa?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im curious - isn't the water cloudy because of precipitation? Meaning - if one component was dosed - the other could be quite low - and vice versa?
Yes

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn. That was the ALK component.

if you have a way to measure pH, I would.

the precipitation drops it back down, so it may be fine.

Water changes are fine to do, but after the water is clear and you measure alk and calcium in a day or two, calcium dosing may be all that is needed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back