Dosing pumps for sale?

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to invest in some dosing pumps and containers. I haven't had a day off in 5 weeks and have been working 12-13 hour days. I haven't been keeping an eye on my params and dosing like I should, I've been exhausted, and my system is starting to consume Alk pretty quick now. Anyone have anything laying around? I added a little too much Alk at one time about 2 weeks ago and some of my acros are starting to suffer from it. I think it's time to invest in a dosing set up.

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pacific Sun Kore 5th that I had planned to use for a project that never happened. I kept it figuring I would eventually use it for something else, but I would be willing to sell it if you are looking for something that complex.

It would allow you to run a fancy balling system or 2-part and some other additives.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the real benefit to a balling system? From what I understand it's orettt much the same thing as dosing 2 part?

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It essentially 3-part. It uses the same two components as 2-part, but an additional component that is NaCl free, AKA mineral salts.

So seawater is a complex mix of different "salts" the majority being made up of NaCl (Sodium Chloride), but there is also a decent amount of Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate and a bunch of other different trace elements.

The idea is that if you only dose the two parts from 2-part these other salts and elements will eventually get out of balance over time. So the goal is by dosing the NaCl free Salts and trace elements in proportion with the other two parts of 2-part it will keep everything in "balance".

Whether it is worth it or not, who knows. I personally use the AquaForest balling system and it is working well for me.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really good explanation actually. Thanks! Lol. So you dose the same exact 2 part you would use with an additional additive? What is the third thing?

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the two parts in 2-part are Sodium Carbonate or Sodium bicarbonate for Alk and typically Calcium Chloride for calcium.

The third part in Balling is typically an NaCl-free salt, meaning there is no NaCl (Sodium Chloride) in the mix, and is usually made up of stuff like: Magnesium, Potassium, Bromine, Fluorine, Barium, Iodine, and trace elements.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Anyway, is it just the bank of pumps? Any containers with it? What were you thinking price wise?

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Anyway, is it just the bank of pumps? Any containers with it? What were you thinking price wise?

I will double check when I get home. It is this package though:

http://www.pacificsun-usa.com/dosin...-ultimate-awc-ato-acrylic-stand-dropdose.html

I bought it used on that other reef forum. I have honestly never tried using it. I bought it for a project that just sort of fizzled out due to other things going on in my life.

From what I know about it you control it via bluetooth with a PC. I think you need to have a USB bluetooth dongle because a lot of people say the bluetooth built into a PC is not strong enough to work consistently.

I will PM you what I paid for it and we can see if we are even in the ballpark with what you want to pay.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to buy one i also heard pacific sun is a good system but from my experience because i use both is go with the GHL Doser 2 and stay away from the neptune DOS. I love the GHL because its reliable and the software is awesome and you can customize it a lot. The DOS in my opinion is justbas reliable but i hate the software.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting on the Kore 7th. ;) wifi with seven heads, ATO, AWC

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pac sun is also coming out with a alk monitor/dosing system too.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back