Dosing Schedules

Andrewrckt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have been playing with my dosing schedule ever since I got a CoralBox dosing pump this weekend. I am curious to hear about everyone else dosing schedule and what they dose. Currently I am dosing the Red Sea Alk and Ca. I am dosing in alternating hours (for all 24 hours) between Alk and Ca to allow an hour separation to prevent precipitation. Does this schedule seem to make sense? Also, how would you fit dosing Mg into this schedule. Right now I haven't had to dose any Mg due to it being high, but eventually I will need to add it to the mix.

Lastly, I have a fourth channel that remains unused. I was thinking of either dosing AB+ on it, but open to other suggestions. I have seen people dosing NOPOX on the 4th channel, but nervous as that could easily destabilize the tank. I am rather new at this, so looking for suggestions on how to best dose. I have a Red Sea Max Nano 20 gallon mixed reef tank with fish. I am dosing into the rear sump right in the last chamber where the return pump is located.

Thanks!!

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ requires refrigeration after a week so unless you are adding a fridge for that to the doser I dont recommend that one. Adding the exact amount your doser would need or cleaning the dosing container every week seems like a pain.

I currently have a 4 stage doser doing the following

ALK
CAL
MAG
Neo-Nitro

Also my top off water contains a dose of Iodide

OP
OP
A

Andrewrckt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ requires refrigeration after a week so unless you are adding a fridge for that to the doser I dont recommend that one. Adding the exact amount your doser would need or cleaning the dosing container every week seems like a pain.

I currently have a 4 stage doser doing the following

ALK
CAL
MAG
Neo-Nitro

Also my top off water contains a dose of Iodide
Neo-Nitro sounds interesting. I am guessing that helps with ultra low nutrient systems and helps with phosphates?

The idea with AB+ would be to supply a container that would last just a week and replenish that container weekly, but I agree cleaning the lines would be a hassle. I guess it would be easier to just does by hand before bed.

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neo-Nitro sounds interesting. I am guessing that helps with ultra low nutrient systems and helps with phosphates?

The idea with AB+ would be to supply a container that would last just a week and replenish that container weekly, but I agree cleaning the lines would be a hassle. I guess it would be easier to just does by hand before bed.
Indeed the Neo-Nitro is for maintaining my ultra low nutrients. I dont seem to have an issue with phosphates but I do have Neo-Phos as well if needed and I usually do that one manually. Seems like you have a good handle on the reef energy.

nukemdanno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a four channel doser running Kalk (12a-8a spread out every hour), MG (weekly add), Alk For corrections every couple days, and Chaeto grow (daily add). I was dosing Nitrate for awhile but the bio load has increased and the tank doesn't need it.

Back