AquaOps1223

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
A quick history when I used prior:
Back on March 3, 2021 I was having some major issues with my Red Sea 525 xl (110 gallon) system with on a daily basis one of the acros were STNing. I checked all parameters , ICP tests, you name it I did it. So I decided to does the tank with Witch Hazel and let me tell you it was a success.

Today July 25, 2021 Is the third day of using the same remedy on my 140 gallon system mixed reef. I have over 30 aquaculture torches ( over 2 years) and over 15 gonis (over a year old) and have been loosing torches to membrane lost the last few months and this past week a couple gonis as well. All dips possible have been performed even does the tank a couple months ago with cipro.

Some folks are not a fan of the tank dosing but with my prior success I decided to do it again as I have tried it all and still seems to have an imbalance of bacteria in the system.

Will keep you all posted and please do no to hesitate to ask questions.

Thanks,

GlassMunky

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This is interesting so your dosing witch hazel for the tannins antibacterial effect? Or for the polyphenols?
I was also wondering what benefit witch hazel would have to the tank and where the OP got this info….
seems pretty random to me

OP
AquaOps1223

AquaOps1223

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah, let us know how it goes. How much witch hazel and how often are you dosing it?
Hi Jaime, I started dosing 30ml per 100 gallons the first day and 20ml per 100 gallon from the 2nd-7th day. Additionally, the first day did 3 tubes of BioDigest prodibio and 1 tube daily after. I dose both after lights out , turned off carbon and UV and no affects on the skimmer plus stop dosing amino acids.

TSM Aquatics