Dozens of baby neglected clowns being kept in ridiculous conditions...what to do to help?

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost feels like buying them rewards the vendor and only encourages him to buy more. You’re in between a rock and a hard place. Hope things work out.
Yeah, I just decided there's nothing I can really do about it

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, as you may know by my name, I live in Bangkok and here we have open air shops all clumped together (mostly low end products and out of tune vendors) one of these small markets which I visit occasionally that's near me has plenty of freshwater fish of every kind for sale but everytime I go, I notice two small maybe 10 gallon tanks off to the side which are full of baby clowns and occasionally there will be an unhealthy starfish or urchin with them. The tanks are completely neglected in every way possible. (yesterday they had a poor anemone in there slowly dying) What I don't understand is why have them there in those conditions when the rest of the market sells freshwater only! No customers have a saltwater tank even if they wanted a clown. Anyway, I was considering buying a large quantity just to save them but I don't know what I would do with so many...any ideas?
So sad. I know here in Florida we can do something but where you are i have no idea I would tell them how I feel about the horrible conditions and its disgusting to sell fish that that are making them suffer. I would offer a set price to buy it all and let them know its to rescue then from a horrible death.. and ask them if they have any idea how to take care of marine fish and if they need to be educated! I did that with 7 puppies to save them from deplorable conditions and found homes for them all and kept 2 for myself..And here in Florida you can be arrested for animal abuse. Check rescue places where you live to find out about any laws to protect them. They would know.. it so sad people have no respect for any life..

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same principle as the ******s selling caged wild birds to tourists so they can "set them free". Emptying the cage simply makes room for more.

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same principle as the ******s selling caged wild birds to tourists so they can "set them free". Emptying the cage simply makes room for more.
But if you can save one life its worth helping them to be free .hopefully these horrible people will get caught. Karma has everyone's address.

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By saving one life you're dooming more, is that really better?
I hear ya. But they do it regardless so me personally would feel awful to walk away it's just my nature to save life . I have reported places in flea markets for abuse before I also help rescues. And with social media, you can shut down a place by letting everyone know about any place that has any form of abuse..

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to give friendly advice to the guy to help him keep better care of the clowns he wants to sell from his shop…. A good looking fish sells faster…… try to make it simple for him to understand meaning how to increase fish quality.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back