Dr. Tims after Chemiclean?

levi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just treated my reefer250 with chemiclean and then after my water changes were done I added Dr. Tim's. It seems like I've read or heard this was good to do, but couldn't remember for sure. Was this good or bad? Has anyone else done this? How were the results?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Just came by and saw this. How did it go. I would think you would be ok, maybe just less effective with the Dr. Tim’s.

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't hurt anything by doing it. Whether it was actually helpful is harder to say.

OP
OP
L

levi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was wondering if the new bacteria would live through it. I thought it would be good to add some bacteria back into the system. It went fine. Don't know if it was helpful but didn't hurt anything.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this. Added the Dr Tims after the 20% water change and the cyano came back 2 days later. Im doing another cycle of Chemiclean now. Hopefully it will help. I only have 2 nano tanks. a 20 and a 5 gal. I dont understand why the cyano came back. Apparently it may take more than one treatment to work. My Zoas are opening up again a tiny bit after the last treatment. Hopefully this next round will be better. Is it possible to over dose with Chemiclean? I know my Nuvo Panorama is labeled 20 gals. But the actual water volume is not 20 gallons. The first round I did was 16 drops for 16 gallons. Could be possible I may have under dosed. This time I did 20 drops to see what happens.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back